Chapter 10

(Jack’s P.O.V.)

I spent thirty minutes wandering around the town, weaving through NPCs of all class, gender, and color. But still found nothing suspicious. Now I sat in the dine-in sipping on a cup of coffee.

You see anything unusual? I ask Anti, as I scan around again for the umpteenth time.

Nope, Anti says with a hint of boredom. I look down at the black liquid that was my coffee.

This is stupid. Thirty minutes and still nothing. Anti chuckles.

Maybe your friend’s gut feeling was mistaken. I blink.

Ken was probably just paranoid. Two notifications pop up next to my name. I click on the message icon that I had created. There was one from Felix.

Bro, where the flying fuck did you go?

-Felix

I smile a bit as I respond.

I went out for a walk around town. Don't worry about me.

-Jack

I open the next message from Ken.

Guys, we are on our way back. Levels 2, 3, and 4 were some how mashed together. Everyone is fine but we are all just very exhausted. We will need some of the potions that we collected today. So if someone could be ready for us when we come to the hotel, that would be great

-Ken

I smile, closing out of the messages.

Hear that, Anti? They're all fine. I glance at their health bars that were under the word party. All three of them had went up two levels, which was cool but also said considering Mark and Felix did level up after our battle but I didn't. Ken was at 85% health, Wade was at 79%, and Bob was at 92%.

They did surprisingly well considering that there was three levels in one. Anti says in satisfaction. Wait, Jack. Don't move your head, but turn your eyes a little to the right. Confused, I did what he says. Someone walks in clocked in all white with a strange red symbol etched on the  back of the robe. I notice that the NPCs grew really quiet. I couldn’t see the face because the cowl covered all of the face. A sword sways as the figure walks with confidence. Judging by the expressions on the NPCs faces, this was probably someone with authority and power.

Jack, squint please.

Why?

So we can listen in on those two's conversation. I glance over to find two NPCs, both female, one was an elf with neon blue hair, the other with black, whispering quietly to each other. I look back down at my coffee.

Why do I need to squint?

So people don't notice your two different colored eyes. I could imagine Anti rolling his eyes while saying that. I bite my lip, and squinted down at the table. I nearly jumped at how loud their voices were when Anti took control a little bit.

“...so why is the Queen's assassin even here?” The blue haired one whispers. The black haired one shrugs.

“Who knows, Rena? Probably just passing through.” Rena, the blue haired one, winces.

“But Molly, you and I both know that the queen barely sends her assassin out to mildly stroll the streets.” Molly shrugs again.

“Maybe the queen grew tired of him. Does it look like I know everything?” She snaps. Out of the corner of my squinted eyes, the cloaked figure steps out of the back door and the activity continued on as if nothing ever happened. I open my eyes as I felt Anti retreat.