Chapter 3

(Mark's P.O.V)

Finally, I open my eyes.

WELCOME PLAYER. The voice booms loudly in my ears. I glance around. It was still pitch black where ever I look. NOW DOING A FULL PERSONALITY SCAN.

What the-

PERSONALITY SCAN COMPLETE. NOW ASSIGNING ROLE. I was suddenly blinded by a bright light. I hiss squinting against the harsh light. In big bold blue letters was the word: WARRIOR.

Great. I thought to myself. Warrior, big woop-dee-doo.  I bet everyone else got something different and cooler than mine. Because why the fuck not.

NOW BEGINNING BODY SCAN.

So many freaking scans.

BODY SCAN COMPLETE. PLAYER'S NAME IS MARK. PLEASE WAIT WHILE WE TELEPORT YOU TO THE SAFE ZONE.

Before I can even blink, I was instantly in a town like area.  The sun was starting to set. I glance around real quick. There was a hospital straight ahead. A bar/motel to my left, a couple of NPC houses scattered around. Beyond those things, I couldn't see anything else besides that.

So this town must be a safe zone. A green bar catches my attention as I look in the top left-hand corner. It has my name and right beside my name is a green health bar. I had full health. I direct my attention back to the road in front of me. There was no one here except for me. I sigh starting to walk forward on this cobblestone road.

++++

After I changed into the starter armor and starter sword from my inventory, I decide to explore the only restaurant in this town. Sammy's Dine-In. Chugging my water down, a small blue one appears on my name. I reach up and touch it. A list pops down. There was settings, role info, log out, party, and... Messages? I tap on the message.

Um, guys, I don't know if this works or not, but I need help. I am currently on the first floor, third room. I believe if you click on the arrow next to my name, it will direct you to my location. Please hurry for I am about to die. -Felix

I gasp. He sent this two minutes ago. I stand up from my table, click on the arrow next to his name and start to run in the direction that he is in. I don't even know how to fight yet but it was worth a try.

++++

I bust through the third room door, seeing Felix instantly. He was illuminating a soft purple glow, whispering really fast. A red health bar was over his head and steadily climbing up. He was healing himself.  I stare in awe. How was he doing that?

Suddenly out of the corner of my eye a creature, half lion half scorpion, stalks towards Felix. Without thinking, I unsheathe my sword and scream.

"Hey ugly, why don't you fucking come and get a piece of me!" The creature swings its head in my direction. Its brown eyes were glowing and it let out a terrible screech. I wince and started charging at it.

It was fast but I was a little quicker. I swung my sword instantly striking it through paw, cutting it off. It yowled, lunging on top of me. I strike at it, knocking it off balance while Felix taunts it.

"Here dirty, nasty, horrible fucking kitty!" The creature roars, and swipes at Felix. Felix raises his knife stabbing it in one of its eyes as I launch myself into the air, delivering the killing blow to the back of the head. The creature grunts before falling lifelessly on the ground. A little box telling me how much experience points and gold I earned pops up. I smile, sheathing my sword, considering it's a game and I don't actually have to clean my sword, the only thing I have to do is take it to a blacksmith to upgrade it. Wherever the blacksmith might be.

I press okay and glance at Felix. He stares back at me breathing a little.

"Thanks, bro." Was the first thing he says. He brushes off his white and gold robe.

"No problem. How did you figure out how to message people?" He shrugs.

"It's not as hard as it seems. All I did was play around." Pairs of footsteps echo down the long, dark hallway. I instantly drew my sword as Felix raises his dagger.

Two people emerge from the shadows. One was dressed in a gray long-sleeved shirt with dark gray pants the other in a red robe. It was Wade and Bob.

"Oh thank god we found you guys," Wade says breathlessly. Bob puts his dagger back in the case.

"A little help five minutes ago would've been helpful," I mutter. Bob frowns.

"Sorry, we were trying our best to get here. It's really hard to hurry through unknown territory."

Felix raises his hand and looked as if he was doing something. An instant later the three of us got and box that said Felix has invited you to his party, Accept or Decline. I accepted so did Bob and Wade.

"That way we know where one another is and if they need help or not." A minute later Ken's name pops up under Wade's. That was when I realized I could see their roles. Ken is a level 3 archer, Wade is a level 2 gunner, Felix is a level 2 healer and Bob was a level 1 ranger. I sigh. Worry starts to build up inside me.

"Has anyone seen Jack?"