Chapter 12

(Dan's P.O.V.)

It's been nearly three days since our testers have been trapped in the game. One of my assistants have been checking on their Twitter accounts, and it was chaotic. Their fans were demanding answers, but the police and my team agreed to not say a word of it yet. Not until we were able to find a way to get them out safely.

"What level are they on?" I ask Pertia. She glances at Jack's monitor where it looks like three people are summoning some kind of monster.

"According to what Jack's monitor says, he is currently about to tackle level 24 out of 100." I sigh, watching a strange demon thing rise up out of the ground.

"They're still a long way away from ever being done." Both Pertia and I sat up a little straighter as Jack's monitor suddenly went black.

"What just happen? Did he die?" I ask, panic filling my voice, making Phil hurry over towards us.

"What do you mean dead? Did we just lose one of them?" Pertia switches over to Mark's monitor. Jack's name was still on the party list and he still had full health.

"Huh," Pertia says. "This keeps happening when Jack is either about to fight or when he was sitting in the dine-in. I wonder why his monitor keeps going black." I sigh as Phil rests his chin on the top of my head.

"So he is still alive?"

"Yes."

"Good. It better stay that way."

(Mark's P.O.V.)

As we grew closer to where the arrow was where Jack was, the icy ground began to shake violently, causing us to slip and slide all over the place. I wince as my shoulder hits a big chunk of ice that was sticking up out of the ground.

"Wh-what's going on?!" Wade asks, before he fell on his knees.

Felix cries out when he trips, but Ken easily wrapped him in his arms before he fell. I couldn't find Bob anywhere considering he was blending in easily with the white background. And then the ground stops shaking and the grey building appears.

"Everyone okay?" I ask, scrambling to my feet.

"Yeah, we're fine. Let's hurry. I have a bad feeling about it." Felix says pushing open the grey doors. We all ran inside, ignoring the fact that the doors automatically closed, leaving us in complete darkness.

We follow the arrow around a couple of corners, eventually to a room with a long red carpet.

"What the hell?" Felix says in surprise. I look over and saw he was holding a mirror.

"Nows not the time for this, Felix." I call as the others raced ahead of us.

"No, Mark, take a look." He flipped the mirror around. All I saw were a pair of glowing dark red eyes. I stared for a second until the roar from something snaps me out of it.

"Bring the mirror with you! I have a feeling we are going to need it." I say running towards where the others were with Felix hot on my heels.

On one side there were three figures in a triangle, glowing and appeared to be chanting something. I glance over at them and saw they were looking up. I look up.

Floating thirty or so feet up in the air was a ugly looking demon and then Jack. His back was towards us but he was easily dodging the demons blows. I heard a scream and looked away.

One of the three people were on the ground with a arrow to the head. They were dead. The demon roars as Ken raises his bow, aiming and firing it at the second male. He grunts dropping to the floor. I glance back up.

"Jack!" I shout, he looks down in shock. And that move cost him big time. As Ken kills the screaming female, the demon kicks Jack right in his stomach before disappearing. Blood rains down on us and to my horror, Jack starts plummeting towards the ground.