Chapter 28

(Mark’s P.O.V.)

The Queen chuckles as I hit my knees beside Jack’s body.

“Jack?” I whisper, shaking him. His head moves back and forth limply. “Jack!” I shake him again, no response. “Wake up! Please WAKE UP!” I scream. The green haired Irish man remains silent. His blood still pouring out of his wound. Tears burn in my eyes.

“Now you know how it feels,” the Queen hisses. I cradle Jack’s head in my arms. “Now you know how it feels to have something so precious to you snatched away.”

“Jack? Mark?” Felix hollors. I look up, tears sliding down my face. His face pales and he stops walking. “No.” I barely hear him whisper. Cry weakly puts his arms around Felix before he fell.

“Jack… Jackaboy, please wake up,” I whisper resting my forehead against his now cooling one. “Please.. Don't leave me! Please Wake up! Open your eyes! Wake… J-just,” my lips tremble. “J-j-jack please!” More tears stream out of my eyes.

“Now you know-”

“SHUT UP!” I scream at her. “JUST SHUT THE HELL UP! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE BECAUSE YOU DON’T HAVE A GODDAMN HEART!” a sob escapes my lips. “You don't know what it's like to lose your best friend!”

“The traitor killed my assassin and he took away my warrior so he was punished.” I look up. Tears were staining themselves against my dirt covered face. She raises the knife back. More tears flow as the light catches it, gleaming in Jack’s blood.

I hear different voices shout my name as I bow my head.

“Let me put you out of your misery!” She exclaims. I rest my forehead against Jack’s, closing my eyes, waiting for the killing blow. Nothing. I open my eyes and look up.

There in front of me lays the Queen. Her mouth twisted in a gruesome smile, with a silver arrow through her head. She was finally dead. Footsteps rush my way.

“Oh my god!” Ken shouts, dropping his bow. My friends start to gather around to see Jack. “Can’t you heal him Felix?” I shake my head.

“He has no health left.” I made a noise that sounded like a wounded animal. My heart twisting painfully in my chest as a huge message pops up.

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE FINALLY BEAT THE GAME.

There was no happiness, all that was felt was pain.

“Jackaboy,” I whisper, moving some of his green hairs away from his now pale face. “We did it. We finished the game, my friend.” Another sob escapes my lips. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Mark,” it was Wade. “We have to go. You have to leave him.” His voice was strained.

“No.” I sob. “I can't leave him!”

“It’s not easy for us either.” Bob says softly. “But we have to leave, now.” More sobs escape me as I lay Jack’s head gently on the ground. Cry smiles sadly at me.

“I’ll take care of the body.” He whispers, a tear leaks out of his mask. He turns towards Felix who looked like he was going to break any minute now. “Be strong, Felix.”

“W-will I ever see you again?” Cry smiles.

“I think you'll see me much sooner than you think you will.” I stare down at Jack’s lifeless body.

“Goodbye, Jack.” I whisper, still crying as a white light wipes everything, including the rest of my remaining friends, out of my view.