Chapter 6

(Dan's P.O.V.)

I chuckle a little as Phil trips over a trash can in my office. He wasn't paying attention and now he ended up as a flustered mess on the floor.

"What the-" I couldn't hold back my laughter.

"If only you could have seen was I saw, you would be laughing too," I say in between breaths. His face reddens even more.

"S-shut up!" He mutters. Still giggling, I help him up.

"Mr. Lester, a man who has an extraordinary talent for tripping over things." I was rewarded with a slap on the arm. A small knock sounds on the white office door. "Come in."

A tall red-haired female enters. Who green eyes show a hint of panic.

"Mr. Lester, Mr. Howell, there's a problem in the testing room." I stood up a little straighter.

"What do you mean problem?" She swallows.

"Well, what I mean is, the game... We think it's been hacked."

++++

After reviewing the ten-minute footage, I rub my eyes.

"Can't we just take the Teguas off their heads?" Pertia shakes her head.

"If we do, they die." I close my eyes.

"Is there anything we can do?" Phil asks. Again, Pertia shakes her head.

"Not without killing them. I'm sorry but the team and I have tried everything possible. They have to play this person's game." I lay my head on the desk. Phil rubs my back.

"Well, now we just wait and see," he says helplessly. I can't help but feel as if somehow this was my fault.

(Jack's P.O.V.)

People were covered in blood. What appeared to be entire cities, were wiped out. Nothing in this dream I recognized. I was stuck, suspended in mid-air watching this horror, unable to close my eyes, unable to look away.

Suddenly the dream blurred and unblurred, revealing my friends. Felix was talking, Bob and Wade were grinning. Ken was mimicking Felix and Mark was laughing. I smile. It was a cheerful scene.

And just like that, they vanished. The only one that remained was Mark. And he wasn't smiling anymore. His red hair was plastered all over his face, making him look like a crazed person. That was when I noticed that he was covered in blood. I must've made a noise or something because his head shot straight up. He grins, taking a step closer.

"Why, hello there Jack." His voice deeper and more drawn out. This wasn't Mark. This couldn't be.

I cringe, trying to get away from him as he came closer. His hand, tainted in blood, was outstretched.

"Let's play for a while Jack. Don't worry, I'll kill you veerrryy slowly." His hand engulfs my head. Pain I never felt before shot through my body, causing me to scream.

And then, as it slowly fades away, I open my eyes for real this time.