Chapter 11

(Jack's P.O.V.)

Two days and twenty levels later, there hasn't been another sign of the assassin or the masked person. Nobody really talks to anyone anymore, even Anti is silent. Sometimes, like today, everyone doesn't want to face anymore fights, that's when I usually go out and solo a couple of levels with Anti.

My black boots crunch against the frozen ice as I trudged along. My black and green pants tore a little as I accidentally scrape up against a sharp piece of ice that I was getting over. I hiss as the shrill cold wind hits my bare skin. No wonder the others don't want to fight, it's freaking cold for these levels.

I run my green gloved hands through my hair and looked around. Now I was lost. I sigh miserably, pulling my black jacket tighter around me.

Anti , do you see anything? My teeth chatter as I thought. I feel Anti stir.

Go twenty steps to your left, the building should come into view. I took twenty steps to my left and instantly a huge grey mental hospital looking building suddenly forms out of nowhere. My eyes widen.

Holy hell... It was invisible?! I could feel Anti smiling in my mind.

Yup. If I'm not mistaken, the only reason it is invisible is to keep people like us, out. I walk up the front steps and push the dark grey doors open. It was unusually empty. It was also dark as I stepped in. I swung around as the doors automatically shut, leaving me in complete darkness.

(Mark's P.O.V.)

I sigh, staring at the wall. It was quiet, well as quiet as you could get with Felix humming and Bob softly snoring. The only person missing was Jack. He had volunteered to go finish the icy levels, and I felt really bad. I glance over at Ken who was staring at me.

"Let's go," he mouths. I nod, standing up, and putting on warm battle gear from my inventory. Ken was doing the same. We would've gone out the door unnoticed if Wade hadn't said anything.

"Where are you guys going?" He asks, causing Felix to turn around.

"Yeah, where are you two going?" Felix's repeats Wade's question. Ken pipes up.

"We're going to help Jack, whether you like it or not," he says firmly. Felix sighs.

"No, I'm not going to stop you. I'm going to come with you." Felix shrugs, putting on a long robe. "Besides, I feel kind of like a douchebag for being rude to him the past two days."

"Well then, if you're going, I'm going," Bob's tired voice says. "You're going to need a helping hand in healing." When Bob sat up, he was wearing all white. It was a ranger's job to blend in with the surroundings that he is going in. Wade nods in agreement and was already in his gear. I smile.

"Okay, let's go help Jack."

(Jack's P.O.V.)

I had one of my septic guns in my hand as I slowly ease around another corner. I look left and right, able to see clearly thanks to Anti lending me his night vision. There was nothing.

I slowly walk forward, tense. A movement to the right causes me to whirl around. It was nothing but a mirror. I hiss at the reflection I saw.

Anti, why'd you take control? Anti's confusion washes through me.

I'm not in control, Jack. You are.

Then why the hell do I look like you at the moment.

What do you mean by- he stops mid sentence. I guess he saw the mirror's reflection finally. What the fuck? The face, Anti's face, the lips moved even though I never moved mine. I glance down at my hands. They were pale but not as pale as when Anti takes control. He was right, I was still in control of my body.

"What the hell is going on?" I said out loud to myself. Anti's lips didn't move when I was speaking. Instead, they turned into a grimace.

Jack, He said. I think I might have an idea of what this place might be and you're not going to like it...

Well? Spill it! I thought irritatedly, walking away from the mirror and continuing on down the red carpet.

I think this is a place where not everything is, what it seems to be. Before I could ask him what he meant by that, three figures appears at the end of the carpet. They were all wearing dark red clothes. A tank top and really tight looking pants. One had black hair, one had blonde, the other had white.

"You friend is right," the middle one sang. It sounded like a female's.

"This is the room where things are not what they seem," the black haired one says with a deep voice.

"We can always trick you into taking us under your wing." The blonde haired one says.

"But why would we do that?" They all said in unison. "When we could just make you scream." I wince. Two males, one female.

I watch them spread out, creating a triangle. A faint glow emits from their hands as they held their arms out stretched.

"From the rivers that are stained red," they said in even louder voices than before. "You had filled this world with dread. We ask you to rise from the dead, and bring terror once again."

At first, nothing happens. Then the ground beneath my feet began to shake. Startled, my gun fell from my hand as the shaking grew violent, knocking me over. Something seemed to have broken through the floor, and was now letting out a mighty roar.

Moving green strands of hair out of my eyes, I glance upward. My heart sank.

It was the most terrifying sight ever. This thing was three times taller than I am. And it's skin, if that's even it's skin, it just looks like black leather was draped over bones with blue splashes of paint here and there. And this thing could fly. Great.

I look down, shivering as Anti takes control over my body. Adrenaline was flowing through our veins as he looks up and smiles.

"Show time."

Whats up everybody? katzombiegirl here and I just wanted to say that the picture that is posted with this chapter is an image of what the creature looks like. I included it because I'm terrible at describing things... Anyways thanks for reading my story and I really hope you are enjoying it as much as I enjoy writing it for you guys.

Hugs for everyone,
Kat