Chapter 2

(Mark's P.O.V.)

By the time I arrived at Kilop Testing Center it was 6:30. In the morning. I rubbed sleep out of my eyes as I walk through the automatic doors. There was a short brown haired lady who greeted me as soon as I stepped into the building.

"Hello!" She says, singing the words. "My name is Izzy, you must be Mark, yes?" I nod, pulling my gray jacket tighter around me. The whole inside was nothing but pure white. White chairs, white floors, white walls, a white desk... You get the picture. Her smile gets cheerier. "Right this way, Mr. Howell will be with you and your friends around 7. He's currently in a meeting with Mr. Lester so he may be a few minutes late."

I just kept my mouth shut as she leads me down a long white hallway with multiple doors on each side. Finally, we arrived at the end of the hall where, pass the two big swinging double doors, appeared to be a monitoring lab of some sort. I grip my Tegua350 tighter while squinting my eyes as we entered into the bright room.

"Alright, here we are...." I zoned out.

Please, for the love of god, shut up nurse! I thought gloomily. It was 6:30 in the morning l, could you blame me for being a little bit grouchy?

"Mark... Hey, Mark!" An Irish accent drifts through my thoughts.

"Huh..What?" I look around. Jack smiles, patting a spot on the "hospital" bed where he was sitting. I smile a little taking a seat beside him.

"Are you alright MarkyMark? You look like you're about to faint." I smile, looking him dead in his blue eyes.

"Don't worry. I'm fine honestly. I'm just tired, that's all."

"Aren't we all," a Swedish voice mumbles softly. I laugh a little.

"Forgot you guys got here earlier than I did. What's up?"

"Oh, nothing like waiting here since five for a Mr. Howell who likes to take his sweet time." A voice I recognized as Ken's laughs.

"Damn," Wade exclaims while Bob asked.

"Why were you here so early?" Ken smirks, stroking his beard twice before speaking.

"Well we would've left later if somebody wasn't so pushy on me to hurry up and get ready," he pokes Felix. Felix swats his arm away.

"We probably would've gotten here late if someone took forever to get dressed!"

"Just because our hotel is two hours away means nothing."

"It would've taken you four just to tame your glorious fucking beard," Felix shot back.

"Of course," Ken says, still smirking. "My beard has to be exactly perfect for you, babe." Felix cringes causing us to laugh.

++++

For about twenty more minutes, the guys used this opportunity to catch up on their shut-eye, including Jack. He was using his dark green Tegua350 as a pillow and was basically curled around it. His shoes barely grazing my thigh.

I tear my gaze away from his sleeping figure to stare back at my phone. I am the only one up and was nimbly scrolling through Twitter, wishing I had stopped somewhere to get me coffee.

In five minutes we can get this show on the road! I can't wait!

I post on Twitter. I glance around as I put my phone up. The guys are going to hate me for waking them up but it's almost time for Mr. Howell to arrive.

++++

"Good morning, everyone. Sorry to keep you waiting." A tall brown haired man wearing a white lab coat says as he enters the room with a team of twenty others following.

We all mumble our "hellos" and he continues smiling. "All six of you are here today to test out a game called Lost Survivor.

"Now before we begin, let me introduce myself. My name is Dan Howell. Please refer to me as Mr. Howell." He went on to talk about the game, how it was created, why we are here, what we are supposed to do, you know, the basics.

"Alright, Mr. Lester, if you can just get them assigned to their beds and we can move forth from there." All of us grab our Tegua350. Another tallish man with black hair started calling out names.

"Felix Kjellberg?" All eyes were on Felix as he makes his way to bed #1.

"Kenneth Morrison?" Ken smiles.

"That's me!" Bob was next, then Wade, then Jack and I was bed #6. I was next to Jack.

"That's all of them, Dan." The guy, Mr. Lester declares, batting his eyelashes teasingly at Mr. Howell, who turns slightly red. Mr. Lester turns his back to us and faces the others who were also dressed in white lab coats.

"Alright, you know who you are assigned to, get to it!" Three people rushed over to each of us, while the other two stayed behind to have a conversation with Mr. Lester and Mr. Howell.

"Hello Mark!" A woman taller than me with light blue hair smiles. "My name is Pertia, these two are Fred," the red headed curly haired guy with green eyes. "And Brett." Brown straight hair with brown eyes. I nod politely as Brett takes my Tegua350 out of my hands and starts hooking it up with a bunch of wires to some television.

"Alright, Mark. We need you to take off your jacket and your shirt."

"What?" I ask in shock. She smiles.

"I have to hook you up the heart monitor so we can monitor your heartrate as you play." I laugh weakly.

"I knew that!" I quickly take off both my shirt and jacket. Someone made a soft hiss. I glance over to find Jack glancing away quickly. He was also shirtless, his pale white skin gleaming under the bright lights with the electrodes already hooked up to him.

Jack glances back over, I flash him a quick smile. He turns pink a little and quickly turns away.

"Okay, Mark," I turn my attention back to Pertia. "This might be a bit cold." I watch her as she stuck them on my chest. I hiss slightly at the cold sensation of the metal.

"Alright, Fred and I are done, what about you Pertia?" A small beeping sound comes from the monitor and she smiles.

"Yup, Ready." A pair of hands clap.

"Is everybody ready and all set up?" One person from each group holds up a thumb. Mr. Howell smiles. "Good, now if the testers could please take their places on the beds please." I sat down on mine as all of my friends did the same. "Good, now if you can direct your attention around at the televisions. Whatever you see in the game is what will be projected up here on the screen. Your Tegua350s are all hooked up to our software so you can access the game. Before the game starts, you will be given a role and that will be your role throughout the entire game. You cannot change the role. Any questions?" There was none. "Good, now if you can put on the Tegua350 we can begin." Brett slipped mine over my head and I lie down on my back.

"Good luck!" All three of them whisper and I gave them a smile before closing my eyes.

"Tegua, start," I say quietly. It hums to life. Lost Survivor is already up, just waiting to start. I hold my breath. Jack's words from last night ringing in my head.

"Is everybody ready?" Mr. Lester asks. My heart pounds faster. What if something actually does go wrong? But it was too late to ask questions, too late to do anything.

"You may start."

There was no going back now.

"Lost Survivor," we all said in unison. "Launch!"

And I was instantly greeted by darkness.