Chapter 27

(Mark's P.O.V.)

"Mark!" Jack cries as I sat up. I look around still confused.

"Is everyone okay?" They nod, Jack running a sleeve over his eyes and masked guy offers a hand to help me up. "Who are you?"

"Mark, this is Cry," Jack says standing back up. I accepted Cry's help.

Once I was on my feet, I look around at my friends. They were all battered, bruised, and tired. A rush of events flood into my mind. I wince, grabbing my head.

"I-" my words were caught off as someone in the distance screams. We all spun around.

The Queen, who was silently observed the whole fight, looked pissed.

"What have you all done!" She screams at my friends, and Cry. "Why have you destroyed my undefeatable warrior!" Cry chuckles.

"Undefeatable eh?" He shakes his head. "Then how come Jack's shadow was able to take the pendant off?" I turn around, staring at Jack. He has a dark version of him?

Jack shifts on his feet uncomfortably. Felix chimes in.

"Or how was Cry able to defeat your big bad assassin?" The Queen's face pales.

"You killed Utio?" She whispers looking at Cry. He stares at her defiantly, which pisses her off even more. "YOU KILLED MY ASSASSIN! YOU TAKE AWAY MY WARRIOR! How can you do that!?" She suddenly starts to morph.

"You are on my territory now," she hisses. "Those who resist, shall perish."

I wince as her bones start popping, bat-like wings sprout from her back. Her dress slowly turns into battle armor that covered very little of her body. I squint as the light grew unbearable to look at.

The light vanishes and I could see. I hear a gasp come from Cry as the Queen struts forward holding a giant sword.

"So that's what she is!" He mutters backing up. "Guys, she's really dangerous. She morphed into a Girui."

"English please!" I growl, snatching up my sword off of the ground.

"She's basically like a god!" He yells, throwing up a shield around all of us as a giant rock was thrown.

I watch, fascinated as the rock hits the thin blue barrier and disappears. A coughing sounds from behind me, followed by Felix shouting something incoherent.

"Ah, yes," the Queen sneers. "Even you can't protect your friends from my power!" I caught a glimpse of Cry down on his knees coughing up blood as Felix starts to heal him.

"You know what," Wade says. "Screw you bitch!" And charges forward.

Bob, Jack, and I follow in hot pursuit while Ken leaps away to find higher ground so he can use his weapon.

The Queen smiles, swinging her sword. Bob dodges. A knife appears in his hand and he slashes it across her face.

She screeches, swinging blindly as Jack jumps into the air, firing his guns. She screams as the bullets hit her. I use this opportunity to try to cut her head off. The Queen sees it coming and flips backwards to avoid it.

"God," she hisses. Jack lands beside me, both septic guns pointed at her. "You're all nothing but pests!" I laugh.

"I've been called worse!" Wade manages to knock her sword out of her hand. Her eyes widen as she starts dodging his swipes at her.

Bob runs up from behind her but she easily leaps into the air and kicked him in his face. When she lands, she kicks Wade in his chest and he goes stumbling backwards.

"Cover me!" Jack nods as I rush forward. The queen was very skilled, I'll give her that considering she could dodge wherever I swung my sword. But she was not particularly skilled at dodging bullets. She roars, kicking me in the stomach, sending me flying backwards into Jack.

Black creeps into my vision as I stand up.

"Hunng," I moan, clutching my stomach.

"Mark, are you okay?" Jack calls, turning towards me when he was on his feet.

"Yeah," I wince, gritting my teeth. "I'll be fine."

"Goddamn it Bob, she's gone." Wade yells and I look over. Where the Queen was last standing, there was no one there. She had vanished.

Bob laughs as he walks over to Wade. "Maybe we scared her."

"Does this mean we are able to go home?" Wade responds early as I looked over at Jack, who was grinning like a fool. My smile instantly vanishes replaced by a look of terror. The Queen had appeared right behind Jack.

"Jack! Look ou-" but my warning was too late. I watch in horror as the Queen takes the knife that she was holding and stabs Jack in the back.

"Jack!" The screams come from my lips as his health reaches zero percent. His blue eyes widen in shock as he stares down at the blood-soaked blade protrudes from his chest.

"JACK!" I scream, running towards him. The Queen yanks the knife out of his body. A sight my mind will never forget as Jack's eyes roll into the back of his head and his body falls on blood spattered snow, unmoving.