Chapter 25

(Jack’s P.O.V.)

“Mark?” I whisper again, my heart slowly crushing once I saw those glowing red irises.

Jack what's wrong with Mark? Anti asks in a small voice.

I… I don't know. I hear Felix gasp as Mark draws his sword.

“Mark, w-what are you doing? Don't you recognize us?” Ken puts his hand on Felix’s shoulder. Mark enters his fighting stance.

“Guys,” Cry says clearing his throat. “Our goal is to remove that pendant from his neck. That's how it's in control.” Tears burn in my eyes.

“I can’t fight Mark!” Wade yells. Bob nods.

“He’s our best friend. I can't fight him either!”

Neither can I. I bite my tongue so the words wouldn't escape. I watch as Mark, it, surveys all of us.

“I’m waiting for your orders, my Queen.” Anti gasps.

What? How?

Anti?

Mark has a shadow in him. My blood freezes when a lady, the queen I assume since she is wearing a crown, walks around him smiling.

“Ah,” she says cheerfully. “We meet at last players!” The Queen lays a hand on Mark’s shoulder.

“Get your hand off of him, you filthy bitch.” I was surprised as the words came out of my mouth. She smiles creepily.

“Oh, feisty. I like it.” She turns towards Mark. “Maybe you can teach them a lesson or two on how to speak to a woman, Dark?” Dark smiles, revealing the same sharp teeth as Anti’s, except sharper.

“Yes, my Queen.” And he charges towards us.

Panicking, I flip over him as he swung his sword at Felix but had been deflected by Wade.

“Mark!” Wade yells stop all of this nonsense!” And was kicked in the chest.

“My name is Dark, not Mark!” He growls, punching Felix in the face. Felix gasps, stumbling backwards. I cringe, dropping my septic guns.

I can't hurt Mark! I don't care if it's him or not, I can't hurt him.

You have too. Anti responds sadly. I watch as Cry tackles Mark trying to yank the pendant off. Dark growls, throwing him off. Dark spins around at me, I cringe, backing up.

“So you're the one named Jack?” He sneers, slinging Bob out of his way. “You’re the one that has someone like me inside of you.”

“I don't know what you're talking about,” my voice trembles. Dark growls, grabbing a fistful of my black jacket.

“Don’t lie to me! I can sense it you idiot!” I shake my head.

“I don't know what you are talking about!” I cringe at his smile.

“Alright, dumbass. Since you want to play stupid, I guess I’ll have to force it out of you!” He throws me halfway across the field. I yelp as my head hits the side of a rock.

I lay there dazed. What the hell am I going to do?

Jack, are you okay? Anti cries. I stagger to my feet.

Yeah, just dizzy. I felt myself being lifted off the ground yet again.

“Still not budging?” He throws me across the field again. Before I could smack into the jagged edge of another rock, a force catches me. I glance up to see Cry’s hand outstretched. The holes in the mask where the eyes were suppose to be were glowing blue. He gently puts me back on the ground before blasting Dark back with a huge wave of magic. Felix, Bob, and Wade charge forward, while Ken hung back with Cry, bow and arrow ready in case anything decides to pop up. Dark growls knocking everyone off their feet in one sweeping motion of his hand which was flowing red at the fingertips. Anti stirs restlessly