Chapter 18

(Felix's P.O.V.)

It has been an entire day since Mark has been missing. We have cleared 5 levels as a group while Jack cleared another 9 throughout the night since he couldn't sleep. There were still no new leads as to where Mark was.

We all watched his health bar constantly to see if there has been any change. There hasn't been any damage. It has been 100%. I sigh, pulling Ken's dark cloak, that he gave me, around tighter.

Walking around the corner of the hotel, I notice something unusual on the ground. I walk over to it. It was a weird red symbol on the ground. I blink and it was gone.

Goddamn it. I thought, shaking my head. This game is seriously making me lose my mind.

++++

Once I got back into the hotel, the sun started to rise. The only person that was still up was Jack. I sat down next to him on Mark's bed.

"Hey, bro, are you okay?" I ask softly. Jack nods.

"I'm fine," he says, still staring at the floor. I pull off the cowl.

"Jack, please don't lie." he sighs.

"I just want Mark back. This was suppose to be a fun game that we all tested together not one where we would die in." He sniffs, but he wasn't crying. Jack wouldn't let his tears show in front of anybody, even if it killed him. I rest my hand on his shoulder.

"Don't beat yourself up over it, bro. We decided on this, we couldn't help it that Mark has disappeared, but in the end, we will all survive this game and get to leave." His blue eyes cloud over a little bit.

"I don't know Felix, I just have a terrible feeling that something horrible is going to happen."

(Mark's P.O.V.)

I struggle against the bonds, trying to break free.

"Give him another dose of it!" The woman barks. I tremble as the cowled guy wretches my mouth open, forcing the black liquid in my mouth from the tube. I gag, swallowing a little of it. It was like lava running down my throat.

"Arrg," I cried. Intense pain explodes through my body. My veins felt like they were on fire.

Kill. Was all I heard in my mind. Another being forces itself upon my mind. I let out a low moan, fighting against the force.

You can't win, the voice in my head says. It sounded like it was my voice but in a more dark and sinister way.

"Like hell I can't!" Another jet of pain ripples through my body causing me to scream. "Make it stop!" I moan, tossing my head from side to side.

"Can this go any slower?" The woman says impatiently. My vision blurs.

"Give it a couple of minutes. Can't you see his eyes are already turning colors?" Turning colors? What the hell is going on?

Another wave up pain, but this time it travelled up my spine. Tears threatened to fall. It was killing me.

Another terrible wave of pain crashes over me, that's when the tears fall and I finally gave in.

I float in the darkest shadows of my mind. I was able to still see out of my eyes, still but I was no longer in control of my body.

"Where the hell am I?" A darker version of my voice growls. The woman smiles.

"Take off the shackles love," the cowled figure takes off the shackles and she continues. "Welcome great soldier of mine. You're in my castle. My name is Queen Diritona, and you will serve under my command." A mirror materializes in front of me. I gasp at this creature inside of me.

His appearance was utterly scarring. My once neatly combed hair was a wild mess. My eyes were now totally black with red pupils. There were dark circles under my eyes. The guy controlling my body smiles, revealing two rows of sharp, pointy teeth. My skins was now a pale white.

The mirror disappears. "How do you feel?"

"Like I can kill someone right now." He says, slowly standing up. The cowled guy backs away.

"Great!" Queen Diritona smiles. "And what shall I call you, dark one?" he smiles.

"My name is Darkiplier, but please, call me Dark."

😱😱😱 This book is coming close to ending. Is anybody else excited or am I the only one?? Anyways just wanted to give you a heads up to yeah, it's almost over x.x

Hugs for all,

Kat