Chapter 8

(Jack's P.O.V.)

Mark, Felix and I headed straight back to the hotel. There was no way in hell that we were going to do two levels at once. If the first one was that hard, the next one going to be even harder.

By the time we stepped foot back into town, there were NPCs everywhere, scurrying around like nobody's business. I watch as my health bar slowly climbs up, hand still gripping my hurt shoulder. Felix glances over.

"Damn, bro," he says through tired eyes. "Let me heal that for you." I shake my head.

"Nah, it's fine. I can still move my arm and it doesn't hurt anymore," which was a huge lie because it kept crying out in agony. "Besides, we might have to carry that one back to the hotel," I gesture towards Mark who stood up a little straighter.

"What?" He says causing me to smirk.

"Exactly."

++++

When we arrived at the hotel, which isn't your typical everyday fancy hotel, no this was a bar/hotel with a bar downstairs, Felix fell on his bed while Mark fell on mine. I smile, poking Mark.

"Don't forget to take your sword off, sleepy head." He raises a finger lazily, scrolling through, and then his sword disappeared. I ruffle his dirt covered red hair before setting off to find a shower. I didn't nag at them about showering before sleeping because both of them were exhausted, especially Mark.

After a few moments I finally had found a bathroom with a shower.

I stripped down until I was standing in just my boxers. I survey my arms, and legs. There wasn't anything big except a few cuts, scrapes and bruises. The two main things that killed me the most were the scratches on my arms and face and the knife wound through my shoulder.

This is going to suck. I grumble in my head as I completely stripped down and turned on the water for my shower

++++

After I was fully clothed in a black tank top with black sweatpants, I start rummaging through the bathroom drawers looking for anything to wrap my shoulder up in. I wince at the faint pounding sensation in my head.

What are you doing? The deep, dark voice that sounds like me was back.

Trying to find some gauze or anything.

Why? It asks, genuinely confused. I turn my head to look at shoulder, which was crusted over with dried blood, even after my shower. My right arm by my side, useless at the moment because I'm scared to reopen the wound.

Oh. The voice says at last. You don't need anything. Here. And it begins to hum.

At first, nothing happened and then all of a sudden, my face, shoulder and arms begin to sting. I grit my teeth as the voice hums a little louder. I watch as my knife wound heals right before my eyes and was nothing but a faint scar now. The humming stops. I glance down at my arms. The scratches were gone and all that was left were really faint scars. I assume the scratches on my face were healed too.

It was silent as I stared down at the sink.

Thank you. I finally thought, closing my eyes. Why are you helping me? Who are you? Why are you inside my head? There was a sigh before it finally started speaking.

I'm helping you because I am you. I felt my shoulders drop.

What do you mean by that?

Open your eyes and look into the mirror. I lift my head and gasp. My sclera of one eye was black with a brightish green iris. The other was just a normal eye still.

What the fuck?! I scream in my head.

I'm not in full control of your body. This is why we look like this.

What do you look like in full control? I ask as the shock washes off and curiosity sets in.

Promise me you won't scream. I won't hurt you, I promise. The voice says in uncertainty. I hesitate then nod.

Okay. The first feeling I felt was disconnection. Like I was disconnected from my body. I couldn't control my limbs or actions anymore. It was like I was watching from my own body, which wasn't far from the truth.

My eyes blink, revealing two black sclera and two brightish green iris'. A black liquid oozes out of one eye as the voice uses my hand to wipe it away. I examine the new features.

My face was much paler than before. There were slightly dark circles around my eyes. And the expression upon my face was one that was sad. It was not me whatsoever.

You're not very scary looking. I thought. It smiles, revealing two rows of sharp teeth.

"Only when I'm fighting am I truly scary." It says it the softest voice it could do, which was surprisingly slow. I also note that my vision was once again ten times sharper.

You still never answered my questions. Why are you inside me and who are you? My smile drops as it stares into the mirror.

"I can't answer as to why I am inside your head, Jack. I am not only in your head but I am connected to you throughout your whole body. If you hurt, I hurt. You die, I die. But for some reason if I happen to die, you won't die. It's oddly confusing." It says looking down at my hands.

Okay, I said slowly, slightly confused. But who are you? It chuckles.

"My name is Antisepticeye, but you can call me Anti. Who am I? Well I am just the opposite of you, Jack."