4. A strange night

Harry stared at the packet of three dummies in his hand. They had arrived that afternoon, and he still hadn't told Louis about it. Now that he looked closely, they looked like they were made for kids. They had blue stars and Mickey Mouse pictures on them. Maybe he should have bought the plain white ones...

When bedtime came around, Harry was actually nervous

When bedtime came around, Harry was actually nervous. Louis wasn't on his best mood, and he'd had two tantrums that day. On the other hand, that also meant he was really tired, so he probably would agree to anything...

Niall and Louis were walking up the stairs, followed by the other two boys. Louis started walking towards his own  bedroom so Harry, with the dummies in his pocket, put a hand on the boy' shoulder.

"Lou, come sleep with me, please?" he asked. Louis knew that sleeping with Harry meant no thumb, but he couldn't say no, because he really wanted cuddles and Harry-Louis time...

"Liam, can I sleep with you too?" Niall asked. "You already sleep with me every night, buddy" Liam laughed, and Niall blushed. It was true, bu he didn't have to say it out loud!

"Yeah, but, I mean, the whole night" Niall explained in a whisper. Liam smiled fondly. "Of course"

Louis had decided now what he wanted, because if Niall was getting something, he needed it too. He'd wait until Harry was asleep to put his hand in his mouth.

"I want to sleep with you Hazzy" Louis said, smiling. Harry smiled back and helped the boy into his pajamas, guiding him to the big bed. As soon as he was in bed, and most lights were out (the bathroom light had to be left on if Louis was there), Louis raised his hand close to his face, trying not to get Harry to notice. Harry was looking though, and ready to go through with his plan.

"Louis, don't" he said. Louis gasped, surprised, and pouted.

"But... I can't..." he tried to explain, feeling the tears rushing to his eyes again. He was so tired of crying. He needed it! Why couldn't Harry get it?

"Lou, it's not good for you. You'll ruin your teeth, your stomach, your speech..." Harry said softly, from his side of the bed. Louis sniffled. He should have stayed in his own bed.

"But Lou, you can use this." Harry said, and put one of the dummies on the bed, next to Louis' face. Louis immediately started crying, but mostly out of tiredness.

"I'm not a baby" he whined, wiping his cheeks.

"You're not, Lou. But it's this or nothing. You get to choose." Harry explained, with a really soft voice. Louis was just so, so tired, he picked it up and put it in his mouth in a quick movement. Harry didn't expect it to be so quick.

Louis sucked a few times. It wasn't that bad. It was actually good. It was like his thumb but better, because it didn't hurt, and he could use his hands to get comfortable.

Harry looked at Louis' first upset face, but then saw how it changed to confusion, to settle at a comfortable expression. And he looked so cute. Soon he closed his eyes and fell asleep, still sucking on the thing. It had been surprisingly easy. Suddenly his phone vibrated in his pocket.