18. A reward

Thank you pineapples4lyfe for your ideas 😘

Being on tour was definitely harder than they had imagined.

The boys needed stability and a routine, to be completely relaxed. All babies needed it, and Niall and Louis were like real babies in that sense. They needed their sleep, and their meals, and bottles, and they needed to know what was going to happen next.

Liam and Harry did not have answers anymore. Like, one morning they'd wake up in their headspace, and they would have a nice couple of hours, until they got a call saying they had an interview scheduled for that day. The adults didn't know how to explain it to the little ones, because they knew it was unfair, and they didn't want to force them out of their headspaces, but it was necessary. It's not like they could explain it to their managers.

Louis and Niall were doing their best to behave. They tried not to cry when they were tired, or if they were strapped in an airplane seat, and they just wanted to get out and run, or if they were hungry and they knew there was no food. They always told their daddies when they needed a change, and they did everything they were told. When they needed to look down and be quiet, they did, and they were the best at that.

The older boys really appreciated how well the little ones behaved, and they told them all the time. They were such good boys, and they were behaving really nicely during the tour, but they were starting to show signs of exhaustion too. They were clingy, whenever they were alone, and they were more quiet and sad than before. It was sad to see. Having their schedule messed up every day was hard for them.

"Daddy!" Louis cried, banging on the bathroom door, where Liam was taking a shower.

"Louis, I'll be out in a second, buddy!" Liam replied. The little kept crying sadly at the door, waiting for Liam to come out. He'd had a very bad day, and he just wanted to cuddle with one of his daddies. But Niall was playing with Lux, Harry was  packing, and Liam needed a shower... so Louis felt alone and needed some immediate attention.

The boys were going to fly to Rome in a few hours, and Liam and Harry were trying desperately to keep the boys awake. It was a little past their bedtime, but if they had to wake them up to go to the airport, they'd fall asleep in the plane, then they'd have to wake them up to go to their next hotel... it would result in a couple of very upset and tired babies, and they definitely didn't want that. So they were trying to keep them from sleeping.

Liam dried himself off with a towel and dressed  in less than a minute, and then he opened the door carefully, to see Louis sitting on only his nappy, and a thumb in his mouth. His face was all red and wet from crying. Liam picked him up immediately, walking to the sofa.

"What's up, little one?" He cooed.

"T-tired!" Louis sobbed, throwing his head back.

"I know, love. But papa's putting all of our stuff back in the suitcases and then we can go to the plane and get you a bottle and a cozy seat so you can sleep. Does that sound nice?" Liam asked, bouncing the boy on his lap.

"No-no! Wan' baba n-now daddy." Louis cried again. Liam pushed his thumb away from his mouth, and kissed his cheek.

"Do you want to watch Peppa in the car? I'm sure papa's about to come pick us up, and then we can go get Niall, and go tot he car where you can watch Peppa."

"Peppa" Louis agreed, calming down a little in Liam's arms.

"There we go! Let's get you dressed, okay?" Liam said as he picked up the clothes Louis had left scattered around the room. The little one was always undressing himself.