24. A bad, bad day for Niall

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO WISHED ME A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You guys made my day, you're so lovely.

Sorry it took me forever to answer your comments! I love and appreciate all of them, I just haven't been online for a long time (exams☹️) and I still have some to answer, but my wattpad is acting up!

This chapter's going to be Harry-Niall centric, and the next one will be Louis-Liam.

Niall's day had been really bad from the early hours of the morning. Harry'd had to wake him up extra early, when the sun wasn't even up yet. Niall was not ready to be awake, and he made himself very clear. He cried and protested for a few minutes, while Harry changed him into normal clothes, and he sobbed louder when he told him that he needed to be big for a couple of hours.

The tantrum got even bigger when Harry informed him that he wasn't allowed his dummy or his stuffed bee for the ride. When Niall tried to hide the items under his shirt, and Harry found out, he earned himself a timeout. It just wasn't a good morning.

The reason why they needed to drive to London that morning, was to visit the dentist before their office opened (and before anyone who could recognize them out in the street woke up), to work on Niall's braces. Management had been very strict about the issue, and they had said, and paid extra money, to speed up the process, not wanting to have Niall with braces for more than a year. That meant more pain and more visits to the dentist for Niall. They already knew that Niall would have to go through more pain than normal, but they had said something along the lines of "suck it up and deal with it".

Harry understood that Niall didn't want to go, and he felt bad for him. But he also wanted Niall to cooperate a little, because there was no need to make it harder than it already was.

After a lot of struggle, and waking Liam up with one of the tantrums, Niall was buckled in the front seat of the car, next to Harry, who was driving. Niall wasn't in a headspace anymore, but he was still upset and angry, with red cheeks and tear tracks down his face. He'd already been promised a timeout when they arrived home, and he didn't want to make Harry angrier.

During the ride, Niall couldn't mask his nerves. He kept asking questions like "what are they going to do?" or "will it hurt?" Harry did not have the answers, and at first he tried to sooth him, but it was getting a little bit annoying.

Niall didn't fall asleep like Harry had planned, and instead he bit his nails and talked nervously for the entire ride. He wanted to distract himself, and being big Niall, it was hard.

When they entered the clinic, Niall's eyes filled with tears once more. Harry was about to lose it, and tell Niall to stop, until he realized that it wasn't little Niall throwing a fit again. This was sixteen year old Niall, scared and sad about going to any kind of hospital. He already knew what was going to happen, he knew it would hurt. He didn't think it was fair.

Harry hugged him until the tears went away, and then he held his hand the whole time. Niall behaved during the checkup, and he didn't complain when they tightened the braces. Harry made sure to tell him how proud he was, and he even gave him the dummy and the bee he'd hidden in a nappy bag. Niall sat in his carseat on the way back, sniffling occasionally and trying to fall asleep. He couldn't, though, as much as he tried. His mouth hurt too much.

When they arrived home, Niall had fully regressed again, and he ran inside, looking for Liam.

"How was it, Nibear?" Liam cooed, rocking the blond boy back and forth in his arms. Louis was sitting on the kitchen table, a bowl of fruit in front of him.