8. A nice afternoon

As soon as the boys had all signed the rules sheet, and it was pined in the fridge, they carried the smaller boys to the living room and got out all of the art supplies they had bought online. Each boy had a coloring book with Disney characters. Louis' was full of princesses, but Harry knew that, even if he'd always tried to hide it, Louis was a bit feminine at heart.

The boys were so focused on coloring and humming to music, they didn't realize a couple of hours had gone by. Niall was more interested in finishing his drawings as soon as possible and then flip to the next page, to pick a random color and keep making messy lines. Louis, however, loved paying attention to the detail. Niall was constantly changing colors, and the only ones he never used were pink and purple tones, so that was what Louis was using. He looked at every finished page proudly. It really didn't match their personalities, since Louis was generally the messy tornado, and Niall was the quiet and careful one, but it was nice to see like this.

It was all going well, the two older lads making casual conversation while they watched the other two, until Niall started crying out of nowhere. He dropped his crayons, at the moment he had three in his hand, on the floor. Louis hurried to pick them up and set them on Niall's coloring book, somehow hoping to make Niall happy again.

"Ni, Ni tell me what's wrong" Liam and Harry tried to say, but Niall hid his face in his arms and didn't even look at them. Louis kind of stayed back, watching Niall worriedly.

"Ni, why don't we go to your room and you tell me what happened?" Liam asked, taking Niall by the armpits from his spot at the table, and putting him on his hip. As soon as the boy wrapped his legs around his waist, Liam could feel the warmth coming from the boy's nappy.

Liam carried Niall upstairs while the boy threw a fit in his arms, clearly not happy. Liam let him down on his own bed, and got him to stop crying.

"Did you have an accident Ni?" He asked. Niall sniffled.

"I didn't mean to" he cried. Liam shushed him.

"It's okay, that's what the nappy's for! Now I'll change you and you'll be dry as new. Are you done weeing then?" Liam asked. Niall shook his head, looking down.

"Okay, I want you to finish while I go get stuff for a change, is that alright?" This time he got a nod from Niall, so he left the boy with a focused expression on his face. When he came back, Niall's cheeks were red, but he wasn't crying. Liam changed Niall in seconds, and carried him downstairs back to Louis.

Harry filled their sippy cups with juice at one point, and put them on the table next to Louis and Niall. Louis picked it up unconsciously, smiling when he tasted the fresh liquid. Niall copied Louis immediately.

After drawing for hours, Niall requested they put on a TV show, and Harry and Liam put on some old Mickey Mouse episodes that caught the younger boys' attention for another hour and a half. Soon it was time to turn off the TV, something Niall and Louis protested against. One stern look from Liam made them stop.

"How about we have a nice bath? And then we'll have dinner?" Harry proposed.

"Can't we shower instead?" Louis whined. Harry shook his head.

"Showers are no fun, Louis. If you take a shower, you won't be able to try put the new bath crayons. Do you know what a bath crayon is?" Liam asked. Louis shook his head with eyes wide opened.