14. A moment of panic

Louis loved performing, and so did Niall. For both boys, music had always been an escape, a getaway from their not so pleasant family environment. They had put a lot of effort into writing and recording the songs, and they were very excited about the tour. They would start in September and tour Europe until Christmas, then have a month break, and then tour America.

They had been promised a month break. Harry and Liam were strict when dealing with management. They knew the big guys would try to trick them to earn money out of them, and exploit them. However, they hadn't counted on them fighting back. Harry and Liam had made sure from the beginning that they had enough breaks, and that they had at least two days off between concerts. It was in Liam and Harry's power to decide the hotel they would be staying in (a new measure they had taken after discovering age play. They wanted 100% anonymity, and big rooms for the four of them). So they were extremely surprised when Paul called one day.

"I seriously can't believe it!" Harry screamed at the phone. He knew Paul was a very good person, and that it wasn't his fault the boys had to go to the building again. Apparently, they had decided to add one song in the setlist, so they needed to rehearse it from scratch. According to Paul, it would only take a day, but a whole day out of their headspace could be crucial for Niall and Louis, specially since they had been doing so well lately.

"What did Paul say?" Liam asked. Harry huffed.

"Louis and Niall's parents have given their consent to this meeting, they are obliged to go. We don't have to, but they know we won't leave them alone. We have to go tomorrow." Harry explained to a wide eyed Liam.

"That's not fair" He whined. Harry agreed with him.

That night, they tried their best to explain to the younger boys what was going to happen the following day. They made dinner and gave them their own forks, trying to get them to eat on their own, instead of feeding then like they always did. The boys were a little bit confused about this, but they did pick up the utensils and started feeding themselves, making a bit off a mess.

"Louis, Niall." Harry started. It was a big deal if he used their actual names. They would usually call them pet names.

"We're going to go to work tomorrow, and that means you'll have to be big, do you understand?" He said, softly. The response was as bad as he'd hoped. Niall's eyes filled with tears, and Louis dropped his fork on the plate of beans he had in front of him.

"Noo!" He protested, with a frown. Liam sighed.

"I know you don't want to go, Louis, but it's really important. We need to practice a new song for the tour." Liam explained.

"Wanna stay..." Niall said, with a huge pout, as a few tears rolled down his face.

"I know, I know, but it's only one full day. We'll go home to have a bottle and sleep." Harry said.

Niall and Louis finished their dinner, and had a glass of milk, instead of a bottle, even though they pouted and begged. When they went upstairs, they found their nursery door closed.

"You're going to sleep in your big boy beds tonight." Harry explained. He felt the boys were too tired to put up a fight. Harry and Liam tucked them in, making sure the diapers were still dry, and left, feeling awful.

******************

The following morning, Harry and Liam woke up and showered before going to the boys' room. When breakfast was almost ready, they went to wake the little ones up together.