28. A visit for Louis

Louis didn't understand what had happened. No one had explained to him that Nini and his daddy were going away, so he was obviously upset when he saw both of them driving away from the house, away from him. His papa carried him around for a while until he was tired of crying and then he fell asleep in Nini's crib. But when he woke up and Harry took him downstairs, his phone started ringing so he left Louis alone, and the boy started crying again.

And on top of everything, his papa wasn't paying much attention to him, because he had been on the phone for three hours now, saying very complicated things that Louis didn't understand.

Harry was freaking out, pacing back and forth in the living room, his two working cell phones constantly ringing, and on top of everything, Louis was crying his little heart out, looking at him with his arms raised, trying to be picked up and cuddled. And Harry felt horrible, giving him different toys to distract him while he talked, or turning the TV on, but he didn't want the people he was talking to to hear Louis crying like that.

Louis actually came out of his headspace for a full minute, and he stopped crying abruptly. He just looked at the window for a minute, tears still shining on his face. Every few seconds he hiccuped, still very upset from crying, as be tried to process it all. Niall was not with him anymore, and Liam had left too, Harry was trying to fix everything, and he was making it harder for everyone by crying and having a wet nappy and a very intense need to be cuddled.

Eventually he fell into his headspace again, tears returning to his face. He couldn't tell if it was a conscious decision, he just stared to feel more upset and his mind went fuzzy and suddenly he was crying and calling for Harry again. Harry, who looked completely overwhelmed and kept giving him his iPad, like trying to entertain him, but Louis only wanted him.

Finally the phone call ended with a quick goodbye, and Harry instantly turned to Louis.

"I'm so sorry Loubear, I'm so sorry I had to leave you crying." Harry cooed as he placed the boy on his hip. Louis clinged to him and sobbed, soaking the older boy's shoulder in tears and snot.

"That's it, baby, you can cry for a bit." Harry said, bouncing Louis up and down in his arms. Louis' cries subsided slowly, and soon they were turned into soft sniffles. Harry took him to the nursery, where he laid the boy down on the changing table.

"Do you want a dummy, baby boy?" He asked. Louis just nodded and made grabby hands for the object, which Harry plopped in his mouth.

"Wan' Nini." Louis sniffled.

"I know sweetie, I miss him a lot too. But Daddy's gone after him to take her of him, and we're trying to get him to stay." Harry said, unbuttoning his fluffy onesie. His nappy had leaked while he cried about three hours back, so he was all wet, cold and itchy.

"Let's get you a bath, love." Harry said, once he saw how big the leak was. He felt like Louis needed some comfort, and a cold wipe was going to be the opposite. Besides, he had a bit of a rash.

Harry covered Louis in a fluffy towel, since it was very cold even inside the house, and took him to the bathroom. He left Louis standing next to the toilet while he got the bath ready. He started the bath, turning on the tap and letting the water go warm before adding some bubbles.

While Harry was focused on the water, he suddenly heard Louis starting to cry again, and he immediately turned around. The running water had made Louis have an accident, and the poor, very upset boy was now standing on a little puddle. The bottom of the new towel was wet as well. Harry had to resist a smile, as Louis looked so upset.

"Don't cry Loubear, it's only an accident, you're okay! I'll clean it up, I promise I'm not mad!" Harry assured the boy. He let the towel fall and wipe the puddle and he put the boy in the warm water. Louis stopped crying when he sat down.