13. A friend with a tail

"They're bored" Liam said, looking at the two little boys. They were sitting on the carpet of the living room, their wet hair, from the bath they had just taken, neatly combed back. They were watching Sesame Street with their dummies in their mouths, and stuffed bears under their arms. They looked really little and cute, in their matching onesies.

"They're not bored, Liam! They are tired right now. You know normally they aren't his quiet. Have you forgotten Louis screaming this morning because he wanted to go to the pool, even with the rain? Or Niall running around naked ten minutes ago, because he didn't want to get dressed?" Harry said. Liam laughed.

"I know, I just mean... they need something exciting, new, to change their routines a bit. Not dramatically, of course, because that's what the tour is going to be like, but something fun!" Liam insisted.

"You've already thought of something, haven't you?" Harry asked. Liam smiled. "You know I have. How do you feel about a bunny?"

"What the hell, Liam?" Harry laughed, in shock.

"Listen to me, Harry. We buy a bunny, one of those white fluffy ones. They take care of it for the two weeks we have left here, and then we give it to my sister and her kids, while we're on tour. Isn't that just a perfect plan?" Liam asked, excitedly. Harry chuckled. "Actually, that sounds nice. The boys are going to freak out when they see it."

Suddenly Elmo said something funny, and the two little boys giggled. Niall turned his head to look at Liam and Harry, with a smile still in his lips. They didn't know if he wanted to make sure they were still there, or watching too, or laughing with them. They gave him a reassuring smile, and the blond boy turned back to the screen.

********************************

Harry didn't know Louis' crib had wheels. He did know, of course, he just hadn't realized how bad it of an idea it was. It was useful when they needed him to fall asleep, because moving it back and forth was kind of soothing for him, but they didn't know the boy could use it to his advantage. That's why, when he saw the scene in the small screen on the baby monitor, Harry almost had a heart attack.

Louis had managed somehow to move his crib all over to Niall's, and the two cribs were next to each other. And Louis was trying to climb over the rails, to get into Niall's crib.

Harry could see and hear, thanks to the monitor, the way both him and Niall were laughing and giggling, trying to play from early in the morning. With a fond smile, Harry left his bed and walked to the boys' room. He watched from the door for a while, the two boys playing together in Niall's crib. It was a really cute sight.

"Hello, boys." He finally said. Both of their heads turned to him, with wide smiles.

"Papa!" They screamed, and tried to stand up on the crib, holding onto the bars.

"Good morning, my loves," Harry cooed, approaching the crib. "Why, look at you, in the same crib."

"I climbed, papa." Louis giggled.

"Oh, I see. That's okay now, because you didn't know, but you are not supposed to climb over the rails, okay? If you want to play with Niall, you call for us, but you don't move your crib. Otherwise I'll take out the wheels."

"Okay papa, I promise." Louis said, holding out his pinkie finger. Harry copied him and they shook pinkies, making Niall giggle.

Harry pushed Louis' crib back to its place, and let the two boys on the floor.

"I'm going to change your nappies, and then we'll have yummy breakfast!" Harry cheered. Since Louis was busy trying to get his stuffed bear out of the crib by putting his arm between the bars, he lifted Niall by the armpits and laid him down on the changing table.