35. A baby

Niall was more than ready for his mother's trial. He had rehearsed more times than he could count the exact words he was going to say. Liam and Harry had taken him out of his headspace for almost a full week to have long meetings with their lawyers and some label managers, to make sure that he knew exactly what was going to happen, and to reassure him that it was almost over.

Since Niall was a minor, Liam, as legal guardian, could request a closed-door trial to make sure that no press or fans could get in. He also requested that Maura would be forbidden from being in the room when Niall was talking. It was a legal right, with trials for underage people.

The day went smoothly. Niall was dressed in a suit and tie, with a discreet pull up underneath, and he said exactly what he needed to say. Liam and Harry were sat right behind him, giving him reassuring pats on the shoulder every five seconds. They knew how hard it was for him.

They all hugged and clapped when it was over, and the weight was off their shoulders. Harry and Liam turned down the drinks the lawyers and managers offered, and finally they got in the car and drove away to their home, where little Louis was waiting with Louise and Lux.

"Was that hard, Ni? I bet you're tired, love." Harry cooed, looking back at the back seat, where Niall was leaning against the window, his eyes drooping a little.

"Yeah, I'm tired." The blond boy whispered.

"You can slip straight into your headspace, sweetheart, we'll be home in less than an hour and Louis misses playing with his brother!" Liam added, straight to the point.

"Okay." Niall said, a blush spreading on his cheeks.

They left him alone for the rest of the drive, playing some light music and talking amongst themselves. They hoped he'd slipped into his headspace, but the boy unbuckled himself and opened the door, getting out of the car by himself.

The three of them walked to the door and knocked, not wanting to startle Louis. Not even a second later the little boy opened the door, dressed in a onesie.

"Daddy! Papa! Nini!" He exclaimed, jumping on Liam's open arms. "Missed you!"

Louis had been alone for a full day, being looked after by Louise. He was getting more and more comfortable being left alone in his headspace. Niall was trickier. The two boys had stayed with Anne in New Years, when Harry and Liam decided to go out and party for the first night since they started with the ageplay thing.

"There's my sweet boy! I missed you too!" Harry cooed, kissing the boy's hair. "You smell good! Did you have a bath?" Harry asked, genuinely surprised.

"Yeah! Lou gaved me a bath! A pink bath!" He bounced in Liam's arms.

"Louis William Tomlinson, I told you not to open the door!" A very mad Louise walked up to the boys, Lux following her. The little girl waved her hand to the older boys with a shy smile.

"Yeah, Lou, that's a big no-no." Liam said. Louis blushed and hid his head in Liam's neck.

"But I hearded you talk, daddy. An' I waited 'till you knocked." He said.

"It's still not okay, baby. You promise you'll never do it again?" Liam asked.

"Yeah." Louis sniffled. It was almost his bedtime. "That's all I need to hear." Liam said, kissing his cheek.

"Harry, I want to shower." Niall said, still partially hiding behind Harry, clearly uncomfortable.

"Go ahead, love. I'll make dinner while you do that." Harry said, still looking at Niall with concern as the boy went upstairs.