32. An eventful morning

I tried to make this cute? Idk if I succeeded?

As Harry opened his eyes in the middle of the night -2 am to be precise-, the first thing that crossed his mind was that he had been expecting it. He was absolutely sure that Niall was going to have some nightmares the first few days. After all, he'd just gone through something quite traumatic, so the adults were expecting some tears.

Harry walked fast to the nursery, the cries getting louder and louder with each step. He finally opened the door and immediately ran to Niall's side. The boy was still laying down on his back, but the dummy had fallen from his mouth and it was now next to his head on the pillow. Harry picked it up and put it in his pocket, in case the boy wanted it later, and picked Niall up from his crib.

"That's it, sweetie, I'm here." He cooed, bouncing poor Niall up and down. Suddenly Louis whined from his crib, clearly woken up by Niall.

"Sorry Loubear, go back to sleep." Harry whispered, and walked out of the room with Niall in his arms, not before getting his stuffed bee and teddy bear.

Niall clung to him desperately, resting his head on Harry's shoulder as he cried sadly. He wasn't saying any coherent words, he was just sobbing.

The first thing Harry did was check that the boy was still dry, which of course, he wasn't. Liam and Harry had experimented with different brands and thickness levels during the past three months, and right now they had narrowed it down to three options:

First they had the typical pull ups, which the boys wore when they had to be big, for example during meetings and concerts. They were barely noticeable. Then they had the thin nappies, the ones that could be found in the pharmacy. They held more than pull ups, but were still very discreet. Finally, the ones they used at home were the big puffy ones they had to buy online. They came with cute designs, because it had been created with the ageplay community in mind, and they were very thick. The boys loved them because they had nice drawings.

However, at the moment they were out of big nappies, because they were supposed to arrive in two days. They had to use the thin ones, which weren't completely waterproof on the outside. So as Harry carried Niall with one hand under his bum, he could already feel that the boy was wet, and his onesie was damp too.

Harry changed Niall as quickly as he could, dressing him up in another onesie before placing him on his hip again. Niall clung to his neck and sobbed sadly as Harry went downstairs, to let the other two boys sleep.

Harry walked around the first floor of the house from one room to another, hoping that the movement would calm the little boy down and sooth him a little bit. It was useless, though. Niall was still crying loudly, getting Harry all wet with tears.

The man tried everything he could possibly think of. He turned on the telly for background noise. He kept walking and bouncing little Niall up and down. He sang for him a song he'd made up about bees. Nothing seemed to work. Harry was getting more and more frustrated with himself, feeling hopeless and tired. Niall needed to sleep, and so did he.

The boy didn't seem to respond to any stimulation, which made Harry realize that the boy was probably in a very young headspace, maybe around a year. Before Maura took him, he'd listen intensely to anyone who started talking about bumblebees or reading a book to him. Now he just cried and cried. Harry wanted to kill Maura for even trying to destroy the little innocent side of Niall. He hoped the damage she'd done wasn't irreversible.