34. A Christmas morning

Hi!! This took long, sorry about that! But Christmas is here!

"Are they asleep?" Liam asked to Harry for the fifth time that night. Harry went all the way to the nursery to check both boys, who were, of course, still sound asleep in their cribs. They would sleep for a long time, taking into account the lack of nap and their actions the previous hours. They seemed about to throw a tantrum and fall asleep on the floor at the same time.

Harry hooked the baby monitor in one loop of his belt and went downstairs again, trying not to make any noise.

"Yep, all in order." He said. "I think it's time!"

Liam smiled and guided the way to the garage. He turned on the light and went inside, followed by Harry. They went to the corner where they'd stacked the Christmas presents for the boys under a huge blanket.

"Should we put Niall's on one side and Louis' on the other?" Harry asked.

"No, they'll have more fun reading the name tags and being surprised, I think."

"You're right. Let's just take them inside."

Harry and Liam both carried all of the wrapped presents to the living room, and then placed them carefully under the Christmas tree until Harry decided that it looked aesthetically pleasing. He then took a picture, because it was truly beautiful. They might have gone a little overboard with the presents, but it was probably the boy's first actual Christmas without their families, and they wanted to make it special.

Louis and Niall had prepared the previous afternoon a plate with cookies and glasses of milk for Santa, so Liam made sure to drink half of the milk and the cookies, leaving a few crumbs for the boys to discover.

Finally, they put each other's presents under the tree. They had talked about making it all about the boys, the little ones who deserved the best Christmas of their lives, but they also wanted to give each other something. They had been through a lot that year, and even though they both knew that the other appreciated him, they still wanted to show it.

After making sure that everything was perfect, and their living room looked like it had come out of a Christmas postcard, they finally went to bed.

*******************************************

It was already 10 a.m. when Harry woke up and, as expected, Niall was crying . Whenever they slept a little over their usual 8 a.m., they could expect some tears. They were just a little disoriented, that's what Harry thought.

Harry jumped out of bed, really excited for that morning, threw on a shirt and marched over to Niall's crib.

"Hi baby boy!" He cooed, looking at the blue eyed teen, sitting on his crib and looking up, his arms up in the air for Harry to raise him out of the crib.

"Why the tears, huh?" Harry asked, bouncing the boy a little in his lap.

"B-bad dream!" Niall cried, trying to hide his face in Harry's chest.

"Oh sweetie, it's over. What was it about?" Harry asked, fearing that Niall was having nightmares again about his mother. They didn't want to worry about that until January, when the trial would take place.

"No-no Santa! No come!" Niall cried sadly. Harry couldn't help but smile, both from relief and amusement.

"But how do you know that? I think he did come!" Harry cheered.