7. A good start

"Alright babies" Harry said, as soon as both boys were changed. It had only taken a few silent tears to get them into nappies, and now both of them were laying on the bed, in a onesie, sucking on a dummy and holding a stuffed bear.

"It's almost lunch time, so why don't we go to the kitchen and stay there while I make something yummy?" Harry asked excitedly. The two younger boys were clearly overwhelmed by the situation, so Liam and Harry picked them up and carried them downstairs. Niall pressed his blue bear between his chest and Liam's shoulder, while Louis let it hang from his hand.

They were placed in the two highchairs, and they strapped them in. The chairs had a little plastic tray on the front that could be closed and opened to let the boys out, but Liam and Harry closed it securely. They also filled two sippy cups with apple juice and placed them on top of the trays. Louis looked a bit shy, like the situation was still too much for him. He looked like he was deciding whether he liked it or not. Niall just took the dummy out of his mouth and brought the cup to his mouth, sipping on it. They were both still cuddling the bears.

"What are their names?" Liam asked the boys, pointing at the two animals. Louis shrugged, looking down at the bear with brown fur. Niall did the same, but he looked up, smiling. "Blue" he said, proud of himself. Louis laughed. "This one's name's Brown, then" he said.

"I love those names" Liam answered, seeming interested. Harry smiled fondly, while he chopped the vegetables.

"What's for lunch?" Louis asked.

"Well, since you had ice cream not that long ago, we are going to eat some delicious veggies!" Harry tried to say, cheerfully. Louis made a disgusted face.

"Nooooo" he whined. Liam laughed. "Yeeees" he copied the boy's tone.

"I don't want stupid vegetables." Louis complained, setting the cup on the tray abruptly. Harry and Liam looked at him with stern expressions.

"Hey Lou, remember what happened the other day with the soup? Do you want that to happen again?" Liam said. It didn't sound like a threat, but it was one. The boy looked down at his bear, a frown still on his face.

Liam and Harry let the boys feed themselves, figuring they would start feeding them when they were more comfortable with this, but they did put bibs around their necks and gave them plastic plates and forks, just in case. They filled the sippy cups with water. They didn't look that uncomfortable about all of that.

After lunch they let Louis and Niall out, but the two younger boys looked up at Harry and Liam, not sure of what to do.

"It's nap time" Liam announced. He carried Niall upstairs, and Harry carried Louis. They opened the door to Niall's room, where the cribs were waiting. Louis looked unsure, while Niall was almost falling asleep on Liam.

"You're already wearing onesies, there's no need to change you." Harry said. Him and Liam lowered the bars of the adult sized cribs, and let the boys in. Louis' eyes watered.

"No Haz" he said, gripping the bars of the crib.

"Shh, baby. It's okay. I know it's scary at first, but we're going to turn on the nightlight, alright?"

Louis nodded, but that didn't settle his doubts.

Harry walked away, not before giving Louis his dummy, and giving Niall the other one. He stayed to see how Louis and Niall, who were at first sitting on their knees, laid on their tummies and cuddled the bears and the sheets inside of the cribs. He turned off the lights and turned on the nightlight. He heard  Louis gasp when he saw the stars that the lamp projected on the walls. Liam and Harry left the room, after turning on one baby monitor and carrying the other one downstairs.