33. A birthday party

This might be the worst chapter I've ever published to date, but it's still better than nothing. I promise more and cuter chapters will come!

"Look who's awake!" Liam cheered as he entered the kitchen, a sleepy Louis on his hip. The little boy had rosy cheeks and his hair still glued to his forehead. He was wearing his favorite onesie, the grey one with the bunny ears and tail, and some fluffy pink slippers.

"Happy birthday Louis!" Harry cheered, standing from his chair to take Louis from Liam's arms

"Happy birthday Louis!" Harry cheered, standing from his chair to take Louis from Liam's arms. He kissed his cheek loudly and hugged him tight. "My little boy, I love you so so much!"

Louis smiled shyly and hid his face in Harry's neck, feeling really happy with all the attention. Instead of carrying him to his special chair, Harry sat him down on his lap to eat the pancakes he'd prepared for the occasion.

"Happy bith-day Lou!" Niall cheered too, his mouth full of yummy pancakes. Harry had explained to him that it was Louis' birthday, which meant that the boy would be getting a lot of attention, but that didn't mean that they loved him any less.

"Thanks Nini." Louis whispered, a huge smile on his face. "Love you an' daddy an' papa. Love my family." He said.

"And we love you soooo much!" Liam cheered. "Do you want chocolate syrup with your pancakes, birthday boy?"

Louis nodded and pushed his plate towards Liam, who proceeded to coat his pancakes with chocolate. Any other day he would only put a bit, or add some fruit, but today he would do anything for Louis; it was his day.

They had also decided that they would not mention how old Louis was unless he asked. The boy was turning 17, but saying that might confuse him, so they weren't going to mention it.

"Thanks!" Louis said. Harry cut his pancakes into little pieces like he'd done with Niall and fed him, like Liam was feeding Niall. Louis loved his food and cheered all the time, sending kisses to his daddies and Niall.

After breakfast, Liam and Harry continued the usual routine of letting the boys watch some TV while drinking their bottles. They needed to prepare the house for their guests and the birthday party.

Liam went first to the garage, a place where he knew Louis and Niall would never go on their own, because they were a tiny bit scared. It was dark, and they couldn't imagine how many spiders lived in it.

Under a strategically placed blanket there was a pile of presents, mostly toys and clothes, for the boys. They were all wrapped already, and ready to put under a tree. They were Christmas presents, the ones they would give to the boys the following day. Meanwhile, he grabbed the package that contained Louis' birthday present, leaving the other ones covered.

Meanwhile, Harry was baking a cake. After all, he used to be a baker, and he had some experience. He knew Louis wanted a green cake, so he had bought some decorative stuff and he needed to work on the actual chocolate cake, which was turning out nicely.