15. An important meeting

Harry woke up to little whimpers coming from the baby monitor placed in his nightstand.

He immediately opened his eyes and looked at the small screen, where he could see the inside of both cribs. Niall was asleep, with a dummy in his mouth and the stuffed bear under one arm. The blue Winnie the Pooh blanket was on his other hand, and his head was resting on top of it. He had started to love that blanket, he carried it everywhere.

 He had started to love that blanket, he carried it everywhere

Louis was the one crying. The source of his tears was clear; his dummy wasn't on his mouth anymore, and the poor baby was laying on his tummy, crying sadly. Harry stood up and put on a shirt before heading to the boys' room. When he entered the room, he saw the beautiful nightlight spinning around in the room. He made a mental note to write it down on the list of things they needed to take with them on tour. It was getting really long.

"Loubear, papa's here, calm down." Harry whispered. He lowered the bars on Louis' crib and ran a hand on his back.

"It's okay, now, don't cry." He continued, but Louis was still crying sadly. Harry found the dummy on the floor and gave it to Louis after cleaning it a little on his shirt. Louis was still crying behind the dummy, his eyes closed. It was clear he was still in a small headspace.

Harry walked around the room to get a new nappy, rash cream and a packet of wipes, and then he took Louis out of the crib. The boy laid his head on Harry's shoulder as soon as he was in a comfortable position on his arms.

"Let's get you changed and then we'll cuddle a bit, okay?" Harry proposed. Louis didn't answer, too focused on crying and sucking on the dummy.

Harry laid Louis down on the sofa and opened the tabs on his nappy, to see that the boy was quite wet and he had a small rash forming.

"Oh, that must hurt, baby." Harry cooed, as he coated Louis' parts in rash cream. He then taped the new nappy on, and kissed the boy's tummy. Louis had stopped crying a little with the change.

Harry put away all the things he'd used for the change and sat on the sofa, with Louis on top of him. He covered both of them with a blanket and they fell asleep in minutes.

*******************************************

"Daddy! Da-addy!" Someone was screaming. Liam woke up with a jolt. The last couple of days, they had been woken up by the two boys in one was or another, but Niall screaming bloody murder wasn't one of them.

Liam went straight to the room, to find Niall standing up on his crib, only in a nappy. His onesie was on the floor, and the dummy on his mouth, close to falling to the mattress.

"Daddy" he said, slightly happier, once he saw Liam.

"Good morning, baby!" Liam cooed. "Why were you screaming like that, love?"