21. A big problem

The European tour was almost over, and the boys couldn't believe it. It had been hard and long, and they were tired, but it was coming to an end, and Louis and Niall couldn't stop talking about their toys, their cribs, their bunny...

For the last couple of years, the four boys had spent Christmas, and Louis' birthday together. Niall and Louis' parents didn't ask them to go home, and the teenagers didn't really want to go back to their homes, so it was the perfect arrangement. They took turns to go visit Harry and Liam's family, who treated the little boys like their own, knowing that their biological families didn't. This Christmas wasn't going to be any different.

It was November, and that meant that one of the most important meetings of the year was going to take place. It was the meeting where they discussed money and salaries. Surprisingly, it was the only meeting Niall and Louis' parents attended. Louis and Niall didn't have to go, because they were minors, and they didn't have full control of their bank accounts.

That year, Harry and Liam had debated over what to do, because it was an important meeting to attend, but they also didn't want the two babies to go. After a lot of thinking and arguing, they had decided to call Louise and Caroline to watch the boys, and they would go to the meeting alone.

It would take place in Amsterdam, where the last concert would take place, during lunch. So Louise and Caroline only needed to feed them and then take them to bed for a nap. It was easy, and they were actually excited to do it. They hadn't told the boys yet, and they weren't sure how they would react. It was the first time they would be away from both of them at the same time for longer than a few minutes, and deep down, they knew the boys weren't going to be happy about it.

Louis was not as little anymore. He only went deeper when he was really sad or sick, but with the tour ending, he was hyper and happy again. And as always, when Louis acted older, Niall acted cuter and younger. So at the moment, Louis was around four or five, while Niall was two. It was Liam and Harry's favorite ages for them.

"What are you drawing, lovelies?"Harry cooed at them. They were sitting on the floor, crayons and pieces of paper laying all around.

"Bumba-bee." Niall whispered, his tongue out between his teeth in concentration. He had a very funny obsession with bees since Louis was stung by one. The drawing was cute, a lot of yellow dots with messy blue wings and black stripes.

"A castle, papa. With a knight." Louis said, shoving the paper on Harry's face.

"That's beautiful, sweetie. Where are your glasses?"

Louis looked down, embarrassed. He always put a bit of a fight when they told him to wear his glasses, and he usually took them off when no one was looking.

"I don't know." Louis whispered. Harry only had to look around for a moment until he found them on the floor, under the small coffee table. He reached for them and cleaned them with the bottom of his shirt before giving them back to the boy, who put them on without complaining.

"Loubear, please keep them on this time." Harry said, and Louis nodded, still looking at the floor.

Liam came through the door then, and sat on the floor next to Niall. The boy immediately dropped the crayons on the floor and climbed on Liam's lap, laying his head on Liam's chest. Liam chuckled and rubbed his back.

"What a cuddly bug." He cooed fondly. Niall perked up at that.

"M'a bug. A bamba-bee." He said. Liam hugged him and pecked his forehead.

"Boys, daddy and I are going to have to go away for a little while. Lou, Lux and Caroline are going to come here and eat with you, and we will be back when you're up from your naps, okay?" Harry explained slowly. The boys didn't say anything.