Forty

Louis chewed at his nails as he walked closer towards Niall's building

Louis chewed at his nails as he walked closer towards Niall's building. His blue eyes were focused on the sidewalk with each step he took.

What do I even say? He asked himself as he planned in his head how he would act around the dark haired man.

The building was becoming closer and he panicked, stopping in his tracks and taking a seat on the bench that faced the busy street. He couldn't care less that it was covered in snow and his bum was getting wet. His blue eyes watched the light flurries of snow that fell from the light grey clouds.

He sighed and looked around as he got his mind straight. He had to plan what he was going to say. How he was going to act.

Does he act like he doesn't know or that he does and wants answers. Its not like he would be the only one that wanted answers. Harry was probably wondering why he hadn't changed him back yet. If it were even possible.

He stood up nonetheless and continued to walk towards the building, buzzing the button on Niall's floor only to be let in seconds later.

He took the stairs since he wanted to have a bit more time for himself, coming to the door that was labeled Malik. It always made him coo at how they used Zayn's last name but after what Harry had told him, he didn't really know how he felt about the golden eyed man.

He knocked harshly, bouncing on his heels as he waited. He glanced down at the end of the hallway, noticing how it was always empty on their floor. His attention turned to the door that opened and revealed a cheerful blonde, wrapping his arms around the smaller man's shoulders.

"Hey, Lou!" He chirped, pulling away to scan him from head to toe. "Aw, you look so cute!" His played with the scarf that was wrapped around his neck, covering up to his nose.

Louis blushed and hurried inside since he was freezing. He shrugged off his jackets and unrolled his scarf, plopping them down onto the couch as he rubbed his hands quickly together. He knew his cheeks were rosy since they were ice cold and his nose was frozen.

"Want some hot chocolate?" Niall asked, watching as he sat down beside his jackets and rubbed his thighs.

"Yeah," he breathed, smiling at his friend. "Where's Zayn?" He questioned, looking around for the raven haired man.

"He's in the room. He has to stay on bed rest for a few days." Niall replied, beginning to make a small pot of hot chocolate. "Hopefully he'll be up by your birthday."

"Yeah," Louis nodded, breathing on his fingers. He wanted to stop sounding so cold but his heart was racing with nerves.

A few minutes later, Niall was bringing over the cups and setting them on the coffee table. He sat down beside the man and smiled at him since he hadn't seen or heard from him in a few days. "So how has it been? How are you guys?"