Fifty Seven

Louis remained silent as he watched the man sleep for most of the night

Louis remained silent as he watched the man sleep for most of the night. He didn't want to be creepy or anything, he just missed seeing him asleep. But he could see that something was wrong because he wasn't relaxed.

Harry was clutching at the pillow angrily and clenching his jaw tightly while he shifted every few moments uncomfortably. The only way he would calm down was if Louis would stroke his hair softly which made him flinch at first but then relax.

Louis actually lost track of time while he watched him, not noticing that one minute it was midnight and the next the sun was rising. He was exhausted but he finally felt at ease knowing that Harry was going to do better while he was there.

"Stop." Harry mumbled, tossing his head to the side aggressively before rolling onto his stomach. The action confused the smaller man, making him move to sit on his heels before leaning over and place his lips near his ear.

"Relax," he mumbled, rubbing his back that was feeling hot and sticky at the same time. "Baby, breathe," he whispered, continuing to rub at his back until he felt his tensing muscles simmer down.

He sighed and pulled back, running a hand through his hair because the Harry he was seeing right now wasn't the one he left. He was tough and now he was cringing and whimpering.

He shook his head and laid back into the pillow, jumping when Harry turned and sat up quickly with a scream. Louis could see through the little amount of light that his chest was heaving and he had a terrified look on his face as he looked at Louis who was silently looking at him.

"Shit," Harry panted, running a hand through his bed head. "I forgot you were staying here,"

"Who did you think I was?" Louis chuckled, meaning for it to be a joke but his smile dropping when he saw that he was still tense. "What's wrong? You're having nightmares. Did something happen?"

Harry bit his lip. He shook his head and laid back into the pillow, turning on his side to face away from the smaller man. "Nothing happened." He muttered, pulling his legs closer to him so he was in the fetal position.

Louis raised an eyebrow but let it go, not wanting to press it since it was so early in the morning.

>>

"This is so stupid." Harry grumbled as he sat across from Louis who had his legs crossed with a dopey smile on his face. Harry's legs were spread out with his arms crossed over his chest.

"No it isn't." Louis snapped, "Close your eyes." He instructed, his eyelids fluttering shut before peeking one open to see if he was doing it as well. "It will help us, okay?"