Forty Eight

"Lou, i'm so proud of you

"Lou, i'm so proud of you." Niall chirped as he smiled at the blue eyed man who was sat on the couch with the remote resting against his head.

"What do you mean?" Louis grumbled, giving him a side eyed look as the blonde arched his back to sit straight since he never liked to slouch.

"You haven't cut or anything since you guys broke up." The Irish man explained, "I remember the first time you and Liam broke up, your arms were littered with them." He shook his head as the memory came to mind.

Thats what you think.

"I mean I doubt Harry and I are getting back together so its fine." He breathed, changing the channel from an annoying cartoon to the soccer match he had been hearing about on the radio.

"Right," Niall hummed as he rolled his eyes, "Like that one song, 'we are never getting back together,'" he sang, flipping his nonexistent blonde locks over his shoulder dramatically which made Louis smile.

"Like, ever." They both said in unison, bursting out into laughter at the way they mocked the singer's voice.

"Are you two singing Taylor Swift again?" Zayn purred as he walked into the room, going towards the fridge to grab a water bottle before taking a seat beside Louis. His golden eyes twinkled as they made eye contact and Louis couldnt help but find him attractive with his grown in beard that dusted down to his neck and his bed head that sloppily laid against his forehead.

"You know it." Niall smirked, "Oh, Louis is staying with us for a little while."

"How long because you know when we have sex-"

"As long as he wants!" Niall interrupted, "No sex until he leaves." He crossed his arms over his chest as he winked at Louis who was blushing as he looked down at his lap.

Zayn rolled his eyes, knowing damn well that it was usually the blonde that wanted to have sex due to his heavy sex drive. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped when Niall shouted that he had forgotten to take out the clothes from the dryer, making him run out of the apartment to desperately charge down the stairs.

"So," Zayn prompted, running a hand through his hair to remove the strands from attaching to his eyelashes. "What happened?"

Louis bit his bottom lip as he looked forward, shyly turning towards the man with sweaty palms. "We broke up." He sighed, his heart aching due to how he knew he would have to start saying that to others when they asked. Sure, it hurt with Liam but he never felt this heartbroken.

"What? Why?"

"He tried to kill me." He absentmindedly said, wiping at his eyes that began to sting. "It wasn't just out of no where, he just started getting his," he paused, "Urges," he swallowed dryly as he blinked repeatedly, "And I was too close."