Seventy Seven

Harry never felt so uncomfortable in his own bed his whole life

Harry never felt so uncomfortable in his own bed his whole life. Here he was, finally home from the hospital only to feel out of place while he laid beside Louis who had his back towards him while he slept on his side.

The red eyed man had tried numerous times to hold him throughout the night but it only resulted in the smaller man whining about needing space and lightly pushing him off.

It pissed Harry off how much this witch changed him. But what pissed him off the most was that he couldn't tell if Louis was mad or happy about the sudden change of emotions.

"Louis, you know I love you right?" He cautiously said as he noticed the little patch of freckles on his shoulder. It surprised him how Louis could sleep so peacefully beside him with no shirt on even if the white bandages were in plain view.

"Yeah." Was all he said, moving further away from him so that he didn't have to feel the body warmth radiating from how close they were.

"I'm going to fix this. I promise."

"Promises don't really mean much to me, Harry." Louis grumbled, sitting up as he realized that he wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep. His cold grey eyes looked over his shoulder to make eye contact while he pulled his legs to his chest to form a tight ball. "And if anything. I actually feel fine. Yesterday it bothered me but now I actually feel a bit better knowing that I don't have to worry about your opinion that mattered so much to me before."

Mattered, Harry mentally growled as he kept a poker face. Fucking mattered. Like it doesn't even matter now.

"Alright." His deep voice retorted as he threw the sheets off his body, getting out of bed to get dressed since he could already tell that Louis was annoying the fuck out of him. He slipped on a plain black shirt before going to his night table.

He pulled open the drawer, shuffling through his things calmly in the beginning before aggressively pushing things aside. "Where are my cigarettes?" He seethed under his breath.

"My jeans pocket." Louis yawned, stretching his arms over his head as he stood to his feet with his hands resting on his back as he padded towards his jeans that laid messily on the floor. He bent over, retrieving the now half empty pack before handing them to his boyfriend without making eye contact.

"You took my cigarettes." Harry hesitantly said as he scanned him from head to toe with a look of disbelief on his face as he looked at the pack in hand. "You smoked these? I had a full pack before."

"I was very stressed out." Louis snapped, his grey eyes burning into his reds as he snatched the pack out of his hand and took one stick from the pack and brought it to his lips. He handed him back the small paper box, making his way to his jeans once again to take out Harry's lighter only to light the cancerous stick.

The taller man grimaced at his boyfriend, shaking his head as he took his lighter and left the room since he had no words for the small man in front of him.

He just needed space from him.

>>

"What have you got?" Harry's deep voice asked as he rubbed at his forehead with his thumb while a lit cigarette rested between his fingers. The man had been chain smoking them all day so he absolutely reeked of nicotine.

"I know shes a woman." Zayn stated, placing a hand on his kitchen table. He called a meeting between the two in his apartment since he knew that Niall would be out all day due to work. "What man would want to take someone's ability to love?"

Harry nodded at that, tangling his hands in his hair as he took a long drag from his cig. All he could think about was the woman that hurt him. What if she was the one that did it? But why would she?

"See, the woman that shot me. She knew things that I obviously don't tell people." The red eyed man stated, "She talked about my 'curse' and just other shit."

"Well maybe she had a bigger motive than just shooting you. Maybe she wanted Louis to be emotional so she could use that to her advantage. Witches really don't give a shit about other people to be honest."

"Yeah, I know." Harry snapped, glaring into his golden eyes. What the hell was he thinking coming to Zayn for help? Zayn was his enemy. But then again. Everyone was except for Louis. "But she didn't know Louis and I were together."

"She could have been watching his reaction. He must have flipped out." Zayn retorted, "Listen, this woman is basically the culprit. We don't need to over think it. We just need to find her."

The taller male nodded in agreement, biting on his lower lip in thought as he reminded himself of how Louis was earlier. And he couldn't have that. He needed Louis' annoying hugs and never ending cuddles.

He just needed Louis to be honest.