Chapter 1.

Callie's POV

February 2013. Present day.

It's my last semester at KU and I cannot be more excited! These past four years have been unforgettable and I couldn't be more grateful for the memories that I've made with my friends. I even made friends with quite a few of the men's basketball players. They all know who my grandpa is and thinks it's so cool that I'm related to Joe Ryan- the offensive coordinator for the Carolina Panthers NFL team. I haven't been home in a while because I've been busy studying for finals but because I finally have off and am done until school starts back up, I'm finally heading home.

I'm in my apartment right now that's close to campus, just packing up my suitcase when I hear a knock on the door. I don't think I'm expecting anyone but I open it anyway.

"Hey, Callie!" I hear Andrew Wiggins say.

"Hey!" I give him a hug and open the door for him to come in.

He sits down in the chair at my desk that we all get here in the dorms. "Are you excited to be going home?"

"Yeah, I'm really excited to be going home. I haven't seen my family in a while. What about you? Are you going to Canada?"

"Yep. I still can't believe this is both of our last years."

Andrew was known from the very start of basketball season to be a one and done. I'm sad that he won't stay here longer but I understand why. He just wants to be treated like a normal guy and I don't blame him for always wanting to turn down autographs and pictures since he will be doing that in the NBA.

"I know. You could stay here another year though...."

"Callie." He says narrowing his eyes at me.

"What?" I say sheepishly.

"I know what your doing. Besides I couldn't even if I wanted to. My future has been planned out for as long as I could remember. No going back now."

I give him a skeptical look. "You still love basketball, right? Like your doing this for you? Not because your mom or dad planned it out."

"Yeah. It's what's best."

I can't tell if he's trying to convince himself or if he truly believes that. Either way I let it go.

"So how are you and girlfriend?"

"Oh don't even get me started on that topic."

"Uh oh. What happened now?"

"Man, I don't even know. You know how she's a singer? We have different schedules and everything. We have hardly talked and then I saw a picture of her with another guy on her Instagram."

"It could be a friend or brother," I say shrugging.

"They were too close together to be related."

"Just talk to her before jumping to conclusions."

"Your right. You liked her though right? When you met her the home game."

"Yeah, I mean she was friendly."

"Friendly."

"Mhm."

He sighs. "Alright I gotta go. I'm hanging out with Wayne and Jamari pretty soon. I'll see you later. Have fun in North Carolina!"

"Thanks! Have fun back home in Canada."

We give each other hugs and he leaves my dorm. I didn't really know what to say about Andrew's girlfriend. When I met her all we said was hi and nice to meet you. That was pretty much it. I finish up my packing and head to the KCI airport.