Chapter 17.

Today is my last day here in North Carolina. I hate leaving home to go back to school, but even more now that Luke is in my life and were just starting out in our relationship. I already know I'm going to be super busy with homework these next three months and how much I'm going to be in the library. I spend almost all afternoon close to eight at night at the KU libraries on campus, that's how much I need good grades. Unfortunately, I don't have photographic memory to where I can just memorize the answers like that. I wish I did because then I could get A's on all of my homework and tests.

Tonight my family is having a big "going away" dinner for me. All of my family will be there, Matt, Ariel's boyfriend, Thomas, Cam, and Luke.

Right now I'm just trying to pass the time since Luke is over at the stadium and I don't really feel like going out today. I decided to finish reading The Fault In Our Stars book by John Green. So far from what I've read Hazel and Gus's relationship is so cute. I love John Green's books.

•••

It's now time for the dinner and I decided to dress nice since its my last night here. People will be arriving soon so I put my book down and went to my closet. I picked out some white distressed jeans, and a light pink chiffon layered top with laced sleeves, a layered necklace, and my favorite booties. Applying some eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and blush leaving my light blonde hair straight I head downstairs.

 Applying some eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, and blush leaving my light blonde hair straight I head downstairs

My mom is setting up all the food that she has been cooking all afternoon. She made some of my favorites and then made some other food. The doorbell rings and I go to open it to see Luke. I instantly get a smile on my face.

"Hey, come on in," I open the door wider for him.

He steps in pressing his lips against mine and I can't help but smile into the kiss. Once we break apart from the kiss I see that he has something hiding behind back.

"These are for you," he says handing me a beautiful bouquet of pink roses. Pink roses are my favorite flower.

"Thank you. I love them," I tell him giving him a hug as after he gives me them.

I take his hand after closing the door and we walk into the kitchen where my mom is busy getting last minute food out for everyone.

"Wow, your mom really went all out for this dinner." Luke told me.

"Well when you have this many people and some of them are football players it's better to be safe than sorry," my mom replies with a smile tucking a piece of blonde hair that fell from her face behind her ear.

Everyone in my family really likes Luke and approves of him. I'm so glad that they do because I don't know what they would do if they didn't. My families approval means everything to me. Since Luke and I have been official we have hung out together with my family at a couple of things. My brothers especially get along with him and they talk all about football.