Chapter 6.

It's been a few days since I've hung out with Luke because he's been so busy with football. I don't mind though because we text and talk on the phone any chance he gets when he's not busy. He's so dedicated to the sport he loves and I love that. I would never think of taking that away from him. His whole face just lights up when he talks about football and you can see the passion he has for it.

Today it's just my mom, sister, and I hanging out, which will be nice. I needed a girls day. My family is so close but because us girls are outnumbered in a house of boys we are really close. I'm so lucky I've had such great role models as parents. My mom and dad are the best.

Even though my dad was in the military he still made a lot of time and sacrifices for us kids. He has always been a fun loving and kind dad that has always bee there for us. Sometimes I don't know how he did it because even when he was deployed he always made sure to write us letters and would always make sure that we were okay when he was the one out there on that battlefield. There's a saying- some heroes wear capes, mine wear combat boots. That's my dad to me.

What's amazing is the fact that they still love each other and it's obvious to anyone who knows them. I want a love like that. Someone who stays loyal to you through out all the days of your life that your married to them and stays with you through good times and bad times.

I just haven't found that someone yet. And I'm okay with that.

It's a little chilly today so I decided to wear my PINK sweats and blue sweatshirt from them that I love. I wanted to dress comfortable today since we were doing a spa day and getting manis and pedis. I haven't really had a day to relax since I started my second semester started and it's been the hardest too because this is my last year. This is pretty much the outfits I live in during the winter months in Kansas because of how cold it gets there and the snow.

I actually love the snow. I stay in Kansas for about a month or so during our breaks because I always go to the basketball games to support my friends who are on the team. Sitting in the student section, the chill and haunting that Allen Fieldhouse brings. There's no other place like it.

My mom, sister, and I are heading out now to our favorite spa that we normally go to. We try to have a girls day whenever we are all together. Sometimes Wesley's fiancé comes with us and we all hang out but they had to do wedding stuff today. Were all so happy for Wes, he finally got the girl of his dreams. Abigail is so sweet and always wants to hang out with us. Not just because were Wesley's family but because she genuinely wants to get to know us each individually. She even gets along with all of our brothers and can easily take their jokes they throw her way and there's not hard feelings. Wes is so protective over her, it's really cute.

We arrived at Ciao Bella spa right on time and signed in. We usually get the same girls all the time we come here and sometimes just trade off with the other ones. They are so used to us coming that it's not awkward anymore. They don't talk to us while doing our facials, which I actually like. It helps me enjoy it more and feel like a real spa. Of course they tell us what they put on our face but other than that we just sit back and enjoy the nice ocean waves music in the background.

Madeline leads me back into her room. She's taller than me, has black hair, really tan, and really friendly. My mom usually has her but today my mom is getting Nicolette, who I usually have. We like all of the girls that work here for different facials.

After we got our facials and nails done we decided to grab a bite to eat at Panera Bread, one of my favorites besides Olive Garden. I got a Caesar Salad with an apple and water for lunch. I always like to try to eat pretty healthy. Key word: try.

"What's going on with you Ariel?" our mom asks her.

"I've been pretty good. I've started dating a guy named Matt."

"Does he treat you right?"

"Amazing. You guys would really like him. He's such a great guy," she replies all dreamlike.

All of a sudden my phone buzzes and I get it out to look at it. I smile instantly. For some reason this guy has that affect on me. Luke has that affect on me.

Hey, are you free tomorrow?

I write back.

I don't think I have anything planned. Did you have something planned?

Luke:
A few of the guys from the team were thinking about getting together. Do you want to come? Some girls will be there too for you meet too.

Me:
Sure. Sounds like a plan! Whose house is it at?

Luke:
Cam's. I'll come pick you up if that's okay with you?

Me:
Can't wait.

When I look up from my phone I still am not able to wipe the smile off my face. But then when I look at my mother and sister I see they are looking at me with wondering eyes and a hint of amusement and slowly my smile fades away.

"What?" I ask them.

"Okay. Who is he?" Mom jumps to the question.

"Whose who?"

Ariel rolls her eye. "The guy you've been texting. You had the biggest smile on your face and that can only mean one thing."

I groan. "You guys aren't going to drop this are you?"

"Nope. Now tell us who it is or I'll just take your phone from you and see for myself." Ariel says with a mischievous smile.

"You wouldn't."

"Try. Me." She smirks.

"Alright, alright. It's Luke. Happy now?"

They both look at each other with smiles on their faces.

"Luke from dinner?" My mom asks.

"Yeah, we hung out a few days ago. He just asked if I wanted to go to Cam's house for a get together."

"Well, if you guys do start dating. I approve," my mom replies.

"Mom, that would never happen."

"Never say never."

"She's right, Cal." Ariel joins in.

"But he's way out of my league. I mean he's so handsome, an NFL football player, and unbelievably nice. What could he possibly want with just simple me?"

"Callie, listen to me. You are beautiful inside and out. Besides, I saw the way he looked at you during dinner. It wasn't hard to miss. He'd be stupid if he missed out on a chance to get you to be his."

"But doesn't that lifestyle intimidate you? The life of the rich and famous."

"Eh, it depends on who the person is. I can tell Luke is a great guy. Just try to be open minded."

I nod my head. "I know. But with relationships comes sharing things. Things I'd rather not share about with anyone else other then you guys."

"He doesn't know about?"

"No, no he doesn't."

"Well, if you guys do decide to date. It would be better to tell him sooner rather than later. The more you put it off the harder it becomes. It's easier to just rip it off like a bandaid."

"But how? How do you even bring up something like that?"

"When the time is right, you'll know."

I don't like Luke like that. I mean I have only known him for almost a week. I can't possibly. Could I? I hope my moms right.

_________________

What did you guys think of this update? Hope you liked it. 

Sorry if updates aren't as fast. I'm trying to get my homework in for my last week of some of my 8 week college courses.

What's the secret? That's a secret I'll never tell. You know you love me.
-XOXO,
Gossip Girl ;)

>read, like, comment<