Chapter 33.

It was now time to go to California.  I had my suitcases all packed as well as my book bag, which has my iPad to watch movies on and a couple of books for me to read as well as some snacks.  I'm always prepared for when we go on flights because we travel so much.    

Once I'm done, I carry my things downstairs and meet up with my mom, Luke, and Ariel.  My dad and grandpa are flying out closer to my surgery.  My brother's couldn't take time off and felt bad about it but I told them it was fine.  

The less people who see me after my surgery the better.  

I always look and feel terrible after any time I have surgery.  Luke had stayed the night last night in another room because it was easier to go to the airport together than separately.  Meeting my family downstairs, I hug my brothers as my dad helps load our suitcases in the trunk of the car.  

"I'll be praying for you," Logan tells me as he wraps his arms around me.  

"Thanks Logan."

I hug Zack and Trent as well.  Wesley isn't back yet but he sent me a text telling me he would pray for me.  

After we said our goodbyes, we got in the car as my dad drove us to the airport.  

...

We made it to California and my mom got the rental car as we were now driving to our hotel.  We were staying in Huntington Beach.  Before my surgery, we decided to come out two weeks early and go to the beaches as well as Disneyland.  We haven't been to Disneyland in years and Luke had never gone so we thought it would be perfect timing.  

I would get to have fun before my surgery and my mom was all about making sure that I was comfortable.  

Because we had military ID's, my mom was able to get a discount for us and it was cheaper this way to go to Disneyland.  

I got out my polaroid camera and took a picture of mine and Luke's hands making a heart.  I had just gotten my polaroid for this trip and I was really wanting to get some use out of it.  I've always loved polaroid pictures and I thought this was cute.  

Pulling up to the hotel we were staying at in Anaheim, my mom parked the car and we got our suitcases out of the trunk.  

My mom checks into the hotel and we head up to our room.  My mom only got one room since it would be cheaper and easier as its only my mom, Ariel, Luke, and I.  Luke offered to pay but my mom wouldn't accept any of it.  She had too much self-worth not to.  I had to respect her for it and I knew why she wouldn't let him pay for any room.  

She didn't want Luke to feel like he owed her anything.  

We weren't really sure how to work out the bedding issue because I didn't feel comfortable sleeping with Luke in the same bed with my mom and sister being there, but I knew we would somehow find a way.  Luke and I had talked about it before we came out here and agreed that we wouldn't sleep in the same bed.  

As my mom put the key in front of the lock, the light turned green and Luke opened up the door for us allowing us to go in.   

It's those simple gestures that mean everything to me and remind me of the gentleman that his mom raised him to be.

He always treats me with respect and love, exactly the way a woman should be treated.  We never take each other for granted and I hope I never do.  We never know what tomorrow is going to bring.  He's everything I could ever ask for and more.  

Luke turns to me and his blue eyes sparkle, making my insides melt.  I can't even.  

He's always happy and never has a temper or gets angry.  I want to always make sure there's a smile on his face as it makes me happy knowing he's happy.  

"Well what if us three sleep together and Luke can have a bed to himself?" I ask my mom.  

We were currently trying to figure out the sleeping situation and it was a little more difficult than I thought it would be.  It wasn't as simple.  

"Callie, we might all be able to fit in one bed but we would be scrunched.  I appreciate the fact that you and Luke wanted to respect me and Ariel by not sleeping in the same bed, but I'm giving you my permission."  

"Wait are you serious?" I ask my mom with wide eyes as Luke stays quiet.  

"Yeah.  It's just sleeping," my mom says shrugging her shoulders.

"Uh, okay.  Is that okay with you?" I ask Luke.  

He clears his throat.

"Yeah."

"Then it's settled," my mom states.  "Luke and Callie in that bed and Ariel and I in this bed."  My mom says as she gives us a smile and her and Ariel leave to go check out the hotel.

"Did that just happen?" I ask Luke as my eyebrows scrunch together.  

"It did," Luke replied nodding his head.  "Do you want to check out the hotel?"

"Sure."

I take my small hand in his much larger hand and we explore the hotel seeing that they have a pool and jacuzzi as well as a gym.  

...

Waking up the next morning I feel Luke's strong arms wrapped around me as my eyes flutter open.  I just want to stay here for a few more minutes and I do.  Until I feel him shift in bed.  I roll over to my other side facing Luke.  

"Hey," he murmurs in his morning voice.

"Hi."

I wrap my arm around his shoulder as he pulls me closer to him and presses his lips to mine in a short kiss, yet somehow it makes my stomach have a million butterflies.  I lay my head on his chest as he rubs his hand up and down my back leaving me calm.  

After we slowly woke up, we all got dressed and ready for the day as we walked downstairs to get the breakfast.  I made a waffle and put sausage, eggs, and bacon on my plate as well as getting some orange juice.  

"What do you guys want to do today?  Did you want to do Laguna Beach or do that on some other day?"  

"Yeah, today's good."

We all agree on Laguna Beach today.  As we get there, I can't help but get excited.  Laguna Beach is so beautiful and when we finally make it, I let the warm sun hit my skin.  We all take pictures down by the water and in front of the palm trees.  

...

It's been a week that we have been in California and have gone to Disneyland since then.  Ariel and I ended up getting a pair of Minnie mouse ears that had sequins on them and went on some rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan, The Haunted Mansion, and some Star Wars rides.

Afterwards we had gone to Rainforest Cafe and ate dinner.  I've always loved that restaurant.  While we were at Disneyland, I was able to get a pillow pet of Stitch because my mom read that a pillow would help me to hold one after my surgery.  

We are now in Santa Monica because we wanted to be closer to Beverly Hills for when I have my surgery this week.