Chapter 2.

As I'm making my way over to the Bank of America stadium, I can't help but get excited to see my grandpa again. We have a really close relationship, almost like a special bond that can't be broken. In fact, were a close family. Closer than most. We have Sunday night dinners at my parents house where our grandparents, aunts and uncles come. It's a pretty big deal and mom goes all out with the cooking!

After a while of driving I finally make it to the stadium and see that it's packed with cars. They must be having football practice. I park my jeep, get out, and lock it behind me with my graduation announcement in one hand. Grandpa has no idea that I'm back yet, let alone that I'm coming to surprise him. I push open the double doors to the stadium only to be completely lost.

I haven't been here in a while, let alone to my grandpa's office. Why does this stadium have to be so big? All of a sudden I hear guys laughing and see two guys coming around the corner in football pants and their jerseys. They are definitely on the team I just don't really know them. It's hard keeping track of whose who in the NFL, especially when you haven't kept up with it in a while.

"Can I help you?" The dark skin guy with almost a buzz cut asks me.

"Oh sorry. I'm looking for Joe Ryan. Do  any of you happen to know where he might be?" I reply shyly tucking a strand of my light blonde hair behind my ear.  I look at the other one with him and I see a guy who looks more than six foot, muscular, dark hair, and light brown eyes. He's handsome.

"Um, yeah. We know him. Sorry but only if you work here or are family you can visit him." The guy from earlier says.

"I'm his granddaughter, Callie Ryan. I was hoping to surprise him at work." I say with a pout.

"Oh your his granddaughter?"

"Yeah."

"My names Cam Newton," we shake hands.

"And this is Luke Kuechly."

"H-hi." I stutter putting my hand out for him to shake. He does and I instantly feel a spark? I wonder if he could feel something too. Neither of us let go right away and it feels like an eternity that we are standing there looking into each other's eyes. It's almost like he can look into the depths of my soul and I start to feel a good kind of uncomfortable so I take my hand away only to find Cam smirking at us.

"It's nice to meet you, Callie." Hearing him say my name sends shivers down my spine.

"Hey Luke, why don't you show Callie to Joe and I'll get our bags ready."

"Okay."

They do a handshake and pat each other on their shoulder. Once they are done Luke leads me down the hallway of the stadium.

"So your Joe's granddaughter. How come I haven't seen you here before?"

"I go to school at The University of Kansas and it's my final year. That's why I came by today to drop off my graduation announcement to him. What about you?"

"I'm a linebacker for the Panthers," he replies. I can already tell how much he loves football because his face just lights up.

"Do you like it?"

"Oh I love it! The Panther organization is great. So I'm guessing your from here?"

"Yeah, my dad decided to retire here after he retired from the military. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else."

"I know what you mean. I'm originally from Ohio and I love it here. Your dad was in the military?"