Epilogue

Seven months later...

Today Luke and I were celebrating our one year. I still couldn't believe that he's been in my life and has been amazing every single day.

We've had our fare share of arguments here and there but we would always make up right after. When I look into those blue eyes of his, I know I can't stay mad at him for long.

After my heart surgery, I started physical therapy because my leg was still bothering me and I've been doing the exercises every day.  Every day I'm getting better and stronger.  I had my year check up just last week and my cardiologist said everything is looking really good and healing nicely.

I'm out with my mom and sister Ariel right now getting ready for tonight.  I don't know why Luke made such a big deal about tonight but my mom and sister know what is going on.  They keep on stealing glances at one another every time they think I'm not looking.  Normally, I love surprises, but with the way they are acting it's making me nervous.  

Ariel has already done my hair as she had my light blonde hair in curls cascading down my back.  She french braided my side bangs making sure to keep the strays away. She was applying a light champagne color to my eyes and adding some pink mauve as well. After my hair and makeup was done, I got changed into the maxi dress that I decided on that had spaghetti straps, which was a light blue color with pink and some orange in it. Deciding to go comfortable, I slip on some wedges.

"You look so pretty," Ariel says with a proud smile on her face.

"Thank you for everything, Ariel." I wrap my arms around her in a hug and my mom hugs us as well.

"My baby is all grown up," my mom says as tears well up in her eyes.

"Mom," I groan.

"Don't mind me. I'm just really happy for you that you found someone like Luke. I'm happy for both my girls. Matt and Luke are great guys."

"Thanks, mom. I love you," I tell her as I hug her again.

"I love you too."

Luke's POV

One year.

That's all it took for me to realize she was it.

Eight months for me to ask her parents permission.

They gave me their blessing and I couldn't be more relieved for that. I also sat down and asked my family wanting to make sure they okay with Callie being my wife. It wouldn't feel right if I didn't. She would be part of their family also.

I had made a special trip back home to talk to my parents. Callie knows I'm going home but she just thinks that it's to ask them something important. Something that's life changing.

Making my way into my parent's living room, both of them sitting down on the couch, holding each other's hands in reassurance, as I sit in the chair right in front of them.

"What's on your mind, Luke?" My dad asks me.

I lean forward putting my forearms on my thighs as I stare at my parents. I take a deep breath in and let it out.

"I was wondering what you thought about Callie?"

"Callie?" My dad asks as his eyebrows knit together. "She's a great girl. But you know that we accept her."

"What do you think mom?" I ask as my eyebrows raise.

"I love her. She's a sweet girl and I can see how much you both love and care for each other. Why?" My mom asks suspiciously.