Chapter 5.

Today was the day I was going to hang out with Luke.  Surprisingly, I'm really excited.  I have no idea what he has planned for us today but I'm up for anything.  I've been wearing Panther gear ever since I came home so I think I'll switch it up a bit today and wear my KU shirt with some of my favorite jean shorts from Buckle.  I decided to leave my blond hair down straight and the only makeup I have on is concealer to cover up my dark under eye circles, eyeliner, mascara, and some chapstick.  I make sure I look presentable, then put on my white Converse shoes.  

I went downstairs to be greeted by my sister, Ariel.  

"I still can't believe you get to go out on a date with the Luke Kuechly today."

"This is not a date."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because he never actually said the word 'date.' He just said hang out.  Besides he's just a regular guy."

"Just a regular guy?  Just a regular guy!" She screeches making me cringe.  "Talk about only one of the hottest Linebackers in the NFL."

"Yeah, well to me I could care less about that.  He seems like a nice guy and that's what I like."

She sighs.  "Alright, well I like your way of thinking.  Have fun though sis, you deserve it."

"Thanks," I smile at her giving her a side hug.  

Just then there was a knock at the door.  I got up from my seat to go and open it.  When I did I was met face-to-face with Luke and I couldn't help the smile that was on my face.  He's wearing a black under armour shirt that hugs his muscles nicely with a pair of shorts.   

"Hey, you ready?"

"Yeah."

I follow him to his car and being a gentleman he opened my door for me and then jogged to his side to get in.  

•••

"So, what are we doing?" I ask.

He takes a brief glance at me before looking back at the road.  "You'll see."

"Sounds good."

"Wait- your not freaking out that it's a surprise?"

"I actually love surprises."

"I'll have to remember that," he mutters.  

He turns the radio on low to a country station and I recognize the song as one of my favorites- Play it Again by Luke Bryan.  

"You listen to country?"

"Yeah, in my spare time when I'm not busy with football.  Do you not like it?  You can change it to whatever you listen to," he rambles on.  I can't help but laugh at how cute that was.  

"I love country, actually."

"Really? Who are your favorites?"

"Luke Bryan, Zac Brown Band, Lee Brice, and Darius Rucker.  How about you?"

"Yeah, Zac Brown Band is great and the Eli Young Band."

"Oh, I love them!  I saw them in concert once with my sister and some of our friends."

"Really?"

"Yeah, they're great."

"So your not a fan of Taylor Swift?"

"Eh, I mean I guess some of songs are okay.  I don't really think of her as country though besides I think she uses guys just to write a good selling song."

"What makes you say that?"

"All of her songs are about a guy that she either dated or who broke her heart.  I wouldn't put it past her if she did use guys just for the next award winning song." I reply with a shrug. 

The car ride was full of anything but awkward.  It was full of laughs, joking back and forth, and teasing.  

"Hey, Callie.  Why do you have a chicken on your shirt?" Luke asks me as we pull into the parking lot.  

I playfully scoff.  "Not the first time I've heard that joke."  He flashes me that award winning smile and I can't help but feel like I'm melting.  One look.  That's all it takes.

We ended up going into Cold Stones, which is one of my favorites.  I ordered birthday cake ice cream and Luke ordered mint chocolate chip.  We decided to choose a booth in a corner, luckily there weren't a lot of people here so we could just enjoy our time here.

"I don't know anything about you except that your Joe Ryan's granddaughter and that you go to school at KU."

"Oh is that so?"

"Yeah, so I figured we'd play the twenty questions game."

"You know how cliche that sounds?"  I tease making him laugh.  

"Hey, it's the easiest way to get to know someone.  Alright, what's your favorite color?"

"Blue, but more of a turquoise.  Where did you go to college?"

"Boston College.  Who are you closest to out of all your siblings?"

"Wesley and Ariel.  What's your favorite color?"

"Green.  What are you majoring in?"

"Nursing."

That's how we spent our afternoon.  Just getting to know each other with the occasional fan coming up to Luke asking for an autograph or picture.  I loved seeing that side of Luke and I didn't mind it at all that they came up to him when we were hanging out.  He would apologize to me every time but it made me happy knowing that he just made someone's day.  

•••

"Thanks, Luke.  I had a really nice time." I look up at him with a smile on my face as were standing at the door to my house.  

"Yeah, I did too.  I was wondering if you wanted to do that again sometime?"

"I'd like that."

"Cool.  I'll text you when I'm free from football?"

"Sounds good."

He leans in to give me a hug wrapping his big arms around me while I wrap my small arms around his waist with his scent engulfing me.  It's comforting and musky.  I pull away instantly feeling cold again.  

"I'll see you soon then?"

"Yeah, see you soon."

_________________________

Sorry this chapter isn't so long I was having writers block and I really liked how I left off this chapter.  

I don't know what Luke's favorite color is so I just made it up.  

Hope you guys are liking this story!

Don't be a silent reader! :)

>like, comment<