Chapter 21.

Were back home in North Carolina and I couldn't be happier than I am right now.  I told my mom everything that my cardiologist told me at my last visit and what he thinks will be best for me now.  Mom and dad sat me down with my brothers and sister and told them for me.  They've all been really supportive to me.  I still can't believe that this actually going to happen.

And I still need to find time to tell Luke everything.

I can't just tell him the day of the surgery.  That wouldn't be right.  I know that by me keeping it a secret wasn't right either, but I'm so scared as to what he might think or say.  Would he be angry?  Not like me anymore because I have a health problem?  I hear a knock on my door and I look up from my phone to see Ariel.  I smile as she comes in.  

Taking off my Beats headphone and shutting off my music from my phone, she starts talking.  

"Hey what are you doing?"  She asks me.

"Nothing much, just listening to music.  What about you?  What's up?"

She looks nervous and is fidgeting.  Her eye contact is anywhere but me.  I can tell she's hiding something because I'm hiding my heart problem to Luke.  

"N-nothing.  Why would you think something's up?"

I narrow my eyes at her.  "Really Ariel?  Come on you can tell me."

She sighs and her eyes meet mine.

"Fine.  I just found out that Matt has a two year old son."

"Wait, that's it?"  I ask her.

"What do you mean is that it?  That's a big deal."

"Why is it a big deal?"  I tilt my head to the side confused.

"Because I can't drag Matt and especially his son into my past.  It would be too much for him.  He's already a single dad.  I can't put more pressure on him."  She has tears streaming down her cheeks and her shoulders are shaking.  

Instantly I pull her into a hug and she wraps her arms around me.  Now I get it.  We both have secrets that we want to keep.  Different ones, but secrets nonetheless.  

It's only now that I see how much I need to tell Luke.  I knew I had to before, but now I really have to tell him.  It isn't okay for me to keep something this big from him.  From the guy that means everything to me.  

"Just tell him whenever your ready, A."  I tell her once we pull away.  

"It's just," she takes a deep breath, "it's hard you know?"  She wipes her tears from her face and shakes her head.  

"This could change everything for us.  He might not want me and have to deal with my past."

"If he really likes you as much as much as he says he does.  Hell, he even got dad's approval, which is really hard.  He'll stick by you no matter what because he loves you and will want to protect you."

"Thanks Callie."

"Your welcome."  I smile at her as she leaves the room.  

Listening to Take Your Time by Sam Hunt, I look at the clock on my phone and notice that Luke is home from practice.  I can't put this off anymore.  I can't be afraid of what he will do with the information I am going to need to tell him.

I get up from my bed and text Luke really quick before heading out of the house grabbing the keys to my jeep.  

...

Arriving at his door step I have no idea how I'm going to come out and tell him.  I haven't really thought this through.  Knocking on his door, I wait a few seconds until the door opens.

"Hey, come in."  He opens the door wider for me and I step in.

Before I can move further though he stops me by putting his arm around my waist and drawing me closer to him and placing a kiss on my lips.  Wrapping my arms around his neck I allow myself to relax as our lips move in sync.  

"You okay?"  He asks me tucking a loose hair behind my ear with his other arm still wrapped around me.  

"Yeah," I tell him.

I don't know who I'm trying to convince.  Him or me.  Either way it doesn't seem to work and I give him a smile but I know it's forced.  

"Can we talk?"  I ask him.

He nods his head closing the door behind him as we walk into his living room.  I feel my hands start to shake and I let out a shaky breath as we sit on the couch.  Luke pulls me into his lap and I wrap my arms around his neck.  

"What's up?"  He asks me.

I  open my mouth to speak but no words come out.

"Hey, it's okay.  Just tell me whenever your ready.  Okay?"

I nod my head and burry my head into the crook of his neck as his grip on me tightens and we hug.  Closing my eyes, I know I need to do this.  It's now or never.  I can't keep hiding this from him.

"I haven't been completely honest with you."

__________________

I'm sorry for the lack of updates.  I had a really hard quiz that I had to study for in esthetician school.  Sorry if this is kind of short, but I couldn't think of anything else to write.  

I'll try to make them longer.  

What do you think Ariel's past is?

Don't be a silent reader! :D

>read, like, comment<