Chapter 18.

I'm back in Kansas now.  The dinner at my parents house was really nice and it meant a lot to me that they went through that much effort to have everyone that I cared about there.  My goodbye to Luke was as painful as I thought it would be.  I didn't want to let go because it would be three months until we saw each other.  When Ariel introduced me to Matt, I could tell that he was a good guy and would treat her right.  If not he'd have our daddy to answer to.  Ariel has had a rough past with guys.  So I know that my daddy is going to want to have a good talking to him.

I just hope that he continues treating her right because I have a good feeling about him.

Classes have started back up and I wasn't looking forward to it.  I'm just excited for when I finally graduate in three months.  When I first started the nursing program it felt like it was dragging on for forever, but now it feels like its speeding by.  I just hope it stays that way. 

As I would walk outside to my classes I would get a few stares from people.  I knew why.  I could hear the whispering and I honestly don't know how I feel about it.  I guess I should be use to it by now being Joe Ryan's granddaughter but I'm not.  Especially when dating a pro football player.  He's my first boyfriend ever.  I never dated any other guys because I didn't want to date someone just for dating someone.  I wanted my first date to be with someone special.  I also didn't want to date for the longest time because of what happened with Ariel.  I was scared that the same thing would happen to me.  And even though my mom assured me many times that it wouldn't if I was with the right person I didn't believe her.  Until Luke.

I just hope that he would still want to be with me after he learns about my secret.  I wouldn't blame him if he didn't.  That's why I keep putting off telling him, because I'm afraid of the unknown. 

I know that I need to tell him soon, but it's so hard.  It sometimes takes a long time for me to open up to someone about it and sometimes they will treat me differently, other times they won't want to be my friend anymore, or they will accept me for me.  All I know is that I could never tell Luke that I love him until I tell him about my past.  It's what has made me, me. 

I just don't want Luke to treat me any differently when he does find out. 

***

I'm now in my apartment trying to finish this big homework assignment for one of my nursing classes when I get a text. I smile seeing that it's from Luke.

  I smile seeing that it's from Luke

We go on texting for a few more minutes before he tells me that he tells me he has to go

We go on texting for a few more minutes before he tells me that he tells me he has to go.  I hear a knock on my apartment door, confused I furrow my eyebrows.  I wasn't expecting anyone and my roommates aren't here.  I go to see who it is and see Jamari Traylor.  I immediately fling my arms around his neck as he chuckles hugging me back.  I've missed him.  He's been one of my good friends since I ran into him on campus.  

We never had any classes together because he's not a nursing major but we hang out all the time.  Well, whenever we can.  I lead him into my apartment and we sit on the sofa with me brining my legs up to the chest.  He looks at his phone and puts in my face.  

"Explain," he says crossing my arms.  

"That's me and my boyfriend, Luke." I tell him confused looking at the article.  

"Does he know about..."

Now I know where this is going.  I shake my head.

"Damnit, Callie.  You need to tell him before you get too far deep in this relationship."

Why can't people stop telling that I need to tell him?   I know I do.  But every time I talk to someone whether its a family member or a friend who knows about my past they keep reminding me of it.  Every.  Single.  Time.  I don't need to be reminded of it all the time.  It's like a ticking time bomb.  Ticking every time in front of my face before it just explodes.  

I know they mean well.  And I know that I would rather tell him about me then someone else.  

"I know.  I know.  It's not fair to him.  But how do I tell him?  He's this amazing person and what if I tell him about the other part of me and he doesn't want anything to do with me?"

I wouldn't blame Luke if he didn't, to be honest.  It's a lot to deal with.  It's so much information to take in.  I wouldn't blame him for wanting someone "normal."  Someone who doesn't have all of this baggage.  Someone who he doesn't have to constantly worry about.  Jamari sighs getting me out of my train of thought.  

Jamari's an amazing friend.  He's been through so much also and that's why we bonded so quickly.  When I told him about my past, he told me about his.  He came from a poor family.  But then he was offered a chance to play at KU and help out his family.  

"You need to tell him, Callie.  Only you will know how your going to.  Remember when you told me and the guys about your situation?"  I nod my head.  "Sure it was a hell of a lot to take in all at once and we were a little confused at first.  But were so lucky to get to know you and have you as our friend.  If he's as amazing as you say he is, then he won't walk away.  He'll stick by you no matter what because that's what a relationship is partially about.  The other part?  Honesty, trust, communication, and love."

"Thanks, J."  

I get up from my seat and hug him.  

"No problem.  Just helping out a friend."  

After we talked about that I decided that we needed to talk about something light.  Something to get that constant nagging telling me that I need to tell Luke.  It's unfair of me to keep this from him.  But I'm scared.  I'm scared of rejection.  That once he finds out, he won't like me anymore and will want to walk away.  

"So how's basketball?"

____________________

I am so sorry for the lack of update!  I've just started Esthetician school two weeks ago & I'm slowly getting back in the hang of things.  I only go part time & I'm so glad that I do.  

How cute is Callie & Luke's relationship?  By the way does anyone have a ship name for them?  I haven't been able to come up with any semi-cute ones :(.

You'll find out what Callie's secret is that she has been hiding soon.  I know I've probably said that in the last two-three updates but I can't keep it a secret for much longer!  

Don't be a silent reader! :D

>read, like, comment<