Chapter 32.

It's been a couple of weeks since Wesley and Abigail had their wedding and they are still on their honeymoon in the Bahamas.  I've gotten a few texts here and there from Wesley sending pictures of the places they have been and it looks like they are having a nice time.  

Luke had just gotten out of practice and was now over at my parent's house with me right now.  He was drinking a bottle of water and I had some vitamin water with carrots and ranch to snack on.  

I turn on the television in our living room as I rest my head against Luke's shoulder.  I'm so thankful for him and all he has done for me.  He wraps his right arm around my shoulders bringing me closer to him as we watch E! News.  

Giuliana Ranic appeared on the screen.

"North Carolina Panther's Luke Kuechly will be taking a short break from football.  We have more on that story next."

My eyes grew wide and I could feel my bottom dropping open.  I turn my attention to Luke.  He lets out a sigh and I move to sit on his lap.  

"What's going on?" I ask him.

"I was hoping I was going to be able to tell you before they told everyone else but I guess not."

I furrow my eyebrows as my arms snake around his neck and I play with his short hair.

"Tell me now."

"Okay, just don't get mad.  This was my decision but I talked to your mom and I want to be there for you Callie.  I want to be there for you after your surgery and I can't do that if I'm constantly going to football games."

"Luke," I shake my head.  "I can't let you do this because of me.  I have my family, I promise I'll be fine."

"I know.  It will really only be for your surgery and a few days after that.  Please let me be there for you." He now is playing with the strands of my blonde hair and I nod my head.

"Okay," I murmur.  

He cupped my face with his large hands and pressed his lips to mine.  Our lips moved in sync as I ran my fingers through his hair.  It's like I forgot where I was and all I could think about were his lips on mine and the way he made me feel.  I feel his hand trailing up and down my back shooting shivers down my spine.  That is until I hear a throat being cleared.  I turn my head and come face to face with my brother, Trent.  

My eyes widen and I quickly get off of Luke's lap and sit right next to him.  

"Hey Trent," I laugh awkwardly.  "What's up?"

He purses his lips and eyes Luke and I for a few seconds before speaking.

"Just thought I would come in and watch something on the TV."

Trent then walks over and I gulp as he then moves to sit in the middle between Luke and I.  Trent continues to stuff popcorn in his mouth as Giuliana comes back on.  Suddenly, I'm thankful for the show coming back on taking us out of this awkward situation.  They show a picture of Luke out on the field and the popcorn from Trent's mouth drops back into the bowl making me scrunch my nose as I turn my attention back to the television.  

"Linebacker for the North Carolina Panther's, Luke Kuechly, has decided to take some time off.  A statement was released earlier this week stating this.  'I have been blessed with the opportunity to play for the North Carolina Panther's but I have decided to take some time off.  My girlfriend is having heart surgery and I would like to be there for her and support her every step of the way.  She's been supporting every step of the way with football and now I want to do the same for her.  I love football, but there are just some people that I love more.' The Panther's team supports him one hundred percent and I think it's very sweet that he's doing this for her.  We hope that she has a good recovery and a safe surgery."