Chapter 10.

Its the next day and I wake up with a smile on my face.  Last night was the best.  My first date was a really good experience and so was my first kiss.  It's crazy to think that this was my first experience for this.  Most of my friends got their first kids when they were fourteen, fifteen, or sixteen.  But me?  Twenty-one.  I just didn't really think about dating during middle school or high school though.  My sister was the complete opposite of me.  She got her first kiss when she was fourteen.

My grandpa always told me it's because God was waiting for the best for me.

I would always laugh at that response.  My grandpa always knew how to make me feel better about not having a boyfriend.  I don't know what's going to happen between Luke and I, but all I can say was this was the best and if nothing else I can say that I had a good first date experience.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face even if I tried.  I walked downstairs already dressed in jean shorts and one of my favorite KU shirts.  For breakfast I got out some yoplait strawberry yogurt topping it off with granola and I got a fruit bowl filling it with my favorite fruit- grapes, pineapple, apple, blueberries, cantaloupe, and watermelon.  As for the drink I got out a ZICO coconut water, which is so good.  

Only my parents are up and both of them are usually pretty quiet in the morning.  We make small talk but that's about it.  All of my other siblings are asleep, same with our dog Bentley.  

"How did your date go last night?" My mom asks.

"It was really good.  He was the perfect gentleman."

"I'm so happy for you!  Was it ever awkward or did you guys find things to talk about?"

"Nope, never awkward.  We talked the entire time and actually found out we have things in common.  His older brother is in the Army Reserves."

"Really?  Wow, how long has he been in?"

"He said a few years."

We talk the rest of breakfast about my date and eventually Ariel comes down so I fill her in as well.  I told them everything that they asked about.  It was a really nice date that made me feel so comfortable around Luke.  The rest of the morning through mid afternoon was really nice.  I didn't really feel like doing anything so I just watched the movie Never Been Kissed with my mom and sister.  I was sitting on our brown leather couch petting Bentley.  It's one of my favorites.  I love Drew Barrymore in Ever After and as an actress in general.  

It's such a funny but cute movie.  The way that Josie's "teacher" looks at her is adorable and when he finds out she's not really a student is my favorite.

•••

Through out the day I spend it watching romance movies and some more episodes of Band of Brothers and Downton Abbey.  Yeah, I have a wide range of movies/tv shows I'm interested in.  I love days like this: just being able to relax and not have a care in the world.  Basically, I'm eating quite a bit of junk food and candy during my movie and tv show marathon.

Sometimes I don't care what I eat.

Half way through my phone kept on buzzing so I paused the TV and answered it without looking at who was calling.

"Hello?" I said into my phone.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"L-Luke?"

Smooth, Callie, real smooth.

He chuckles softly in the phone.  "I'm just heading out of the stadium and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today?"