Chapter 3.

The next day comes too fast, but thankfully I don't have my stupid alarm clock waking me up at seven in the morning for classes.  I groggily open my eyes rubbing the sleep out of them and look to see the time only to find that it's twelve o'clock.  I groan falling back on my comfortable pillow and bed.  I haven't slept this good since the semester started.  I always stay up late studying for tests or finals, sometimes around two in the morning.  

I love being home and close to my family.  I don't know what I'm going to do today, probably just be lazy.  It would be the first time for me since I've been in school.  I decide to get out of bed and put on a pair of jean shorts from Buckle and a white Panther's t shirt that I love.  I put on only a little bit of makeup- bronze eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara.  I leave my hair down and straight, it's not too long past my shoulders but I love it.  After I'm done getting ready I brush my teeth and head downstairs to see everyone eating lunch already.  

"Hey, sleepy head." My mom greets me.

"Hey," I mumble back.  

My mom sets out a house salad with chicken in it and ranch dressing drizzled on top with croutons.  I thank her and dig in to the delicious salad.  I always try to eat healthy but I'll have the occasional slip up and I don't ever regret it either.  Because what's life if you can't enjoy pizza or Chinese food, right?  After I got done eating my lunch, my phone started to ring.  I see that it's my best friend from high school- Hannah calling.  

"Hey, Han."

"Hey!  I heard your back in town."

"Yeah, I actually just got back yesterday.  Are you?"

"Yeah.  Do you want to hang out today?"

"That sounds good to me."

•••

I get in my jeep and meet Hannah at one of our favorite beach boutiques that we use to shop at all the time called Mermaid's Paradise.  It has everything nautical you could think of in here plus swim suits and any beachy clothes to get you ready for the season.  It's decorated so cute as well.  The store is a light ocean blue color paint with white edges brimmed around the building.  The sign is in white cursive writing with a mermaid and a conch shell.  Inside is the same color has the outside but they have sea shells you can buy, crabs, beach signs, and so much more.  Definitely my kind of store.

I get out of my car and into the store.  I instantly see Hannah and get excited.  Hannah is the one who is always so bubbly and excited about everything.  Whereas I'm more calm and mellow.  Were complete opposites, yet we somehow even each other out.  She is a lot taller than me, has tan skin, black hair, with brown eyes.  She's been dating a guy named Jordan for about three years now and he's really sweet to her.  The first time I met him I already liked him for Hannah.  He was the perfect guy for her and I'm really happy that they found each other.  Hannah practically squeals with joy as she spots me and jogs over to give me a big tight hug.  

"I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, Han!"

We release from the hug and link arms to go in the shop.  It's an awkward linking arms because she's so much taller than I am but we never care.  

"Hi, welcome to Mermaid's Paradise.  Anything I can help you find?"

"No thanks.  Were just looking, thank you though."

"Alright.  Let me know and I'll be happy to help."  The cashier says with a smile.  

We thank her and look around the store.  "Can you believe that were graduating college this year?" Han asks me.

"I'm still having a hard time processing it.  Almost as if it doesn't seem like it's happening.  We will finally be out in the real world."

"I know, it's so exciting!"

"How are you and Jordan?" I ask.

"Were good.  Were actually really good, he's such a gentleman.  He's actually coming here pretty soon."

"I'm so happy for you guys."

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

She playfully rolls her eyes at me.  "I mean have you found a guy for yourself?"

"Oh, no." I say with a frown.

"Don't worry.  You'll find your prince charming some day."  She gives me a reassuring smile.  

I end up buying a beach sign that says THE BEACH IS MY HAPPY PLACE with the Ron John Surf sign underneath and the color of it in turquoise and also a bejeweled blue dolphin wall hanging.  Hannah decided on buying a mermaid figure that had a whole bunch of glitter on it.  

The rest of our time hanging out was a blast.  I loved catching up with my best friend.  She always brightened my day with her cheery attitude.  We are always there for the other and have known each other since we were freshman in high school.  Sure we've had our fair share of arguments along the way and disagreements but what best friends don't?  

______________________

Sorry if this chapter is semi-short.  I promise that there will be longer chapters in the near future.  I can't promise that all of them will be but the most part of them will.  

This chapter had nothing to do with football or Luke, sorry.  

It was kind of a fill in chapter and I couldn't think of anything else to write in this chapter so that's why I ended it where I did.  

Don't be a silent reader! :)

>read, like, comment<