Chapter 26.

It's the next day and I wake up with a yawn, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.  Taking off the bedding, I walk into the bathroom that was connected to this bedroom to brush my teeth and look some what presentable.  I change into some jeans and a red and black flannel shirt.  Adding some makeup to my eyes, I rush out of the bathroom and run into something hard.  

"Too excited to get some breakfast?" Luke teases me.  

I look up at him as he gazes down at me.  And in that moment, it feels like its just us.    

He gives me a quick peck on the lips and holds my hand as we head into the dining room.  

After we ate our breakfast, which consisted of french toast and bacon, we just decided to have a lazy morning.  They're so easy to talk to and understanding.  I thought they wouldn't have liked the fact that I had a health problem with my heart, but they don't seem to let that get in the way of getting to know me.  

They asked me all the basic questions to get to know me and we ended up having a lot in common.  I was talking to his brother John about the military and it was nice being able to talk to someone about it whose actually in it.  I love my friends, but it's hard talking to them about it because they don't understand that life.  They didn't grow up with their dad in the military, or really anyone in their family.  

I've never been one to want to be a clingy girlfriend.  I'll hold hands with Luke or hook arms with him but I've never been one to be all over him.  I always make sure to be aware of others around us and not make them feel uncomfortable in anyway.  In the past, whenever my brothers would bring home a girl they would be really clingy to either Logan, Zack, or Trent to the point where it would make me cringe.  I've just always had bad experiences in the past and the girl would be super defensive.  Luckily, my brothers don't bring those types of girls home anymore.  Ariel and I would always make gagging faces to try to lighten the mod but it always ended badly.  

Wesley was never like that.  Abigail was the first and only girl he ever brought home and I love their relationship.  She fits right in with our family and I'm so happy that they are going to be getting married pretty soon. 

The rest of the afternoon, we decided to stay in.  We played board games, watched movies, and got to know each other.  It's been really nice getting to know Luke's family and I really like all of them.  It's been really relaxed and full of laughter.  I like that I can be myself around them and that we seem to be getting along .  Later on after we just got finished watching Band of Brothers, Luke's mom pulls me aside privately leaving Luke confused.  

"I just wanted say how glad I am that Luke found someone like you to be in his life.  I have loved getting to know you and I think you are perfect for my son.  Thank you for loving him and supporting him through his football career.  I know it's not always easy, especially when he gets hurt," she tells me.

"I love getting to know Luke and you guys.  I can see how close you guys are and I love that.  That's exactly how my family is.  Thank you for saying that, it means a lot to me." I tell her with a smile on my face.  

She embraces me in a hug and we go back into the living room.  Luke has a raised eyebrow and all the men in the family stopped what they were doing and stared, probably wondering what happened.  I go and sit down right next to Luke and the talking starts up again as I see Eileen put her arm around her husband.  

"Let's all go see a movie at the movie theater," Henry suggests.

We all agree and I look up the movies that are playing on my phone.  I ended up finding a movie in which we all were in agreement to.  Before that, we drive through Chick-fil-A and order some food for dinner and eat it on the way.  I love their chicken nuggets with the polynesian sauce.