Prologue.

January 2014.

We just pulled up at Cedar Sinai Hospital and to say I'm nervous is the understatement of the century. From what my doctor at KU Med Center told me made me feel like something is wrong.  To be honest, with the way things have been for the past few months, I wouldn't doubt if something was wrong.

I didn't tell Luke anything because I didn't want to worry him even more.  He has football and that should be his main focus.  I don't want to be a distraction for him.  I can't do that to him and put his football career in jeopardy.  He knows that I'm in California right now and that's all he needs to know for the time being.  Until I get the results back I'm keeping it between my family and I.  

My mom and Trent came with me to my doctor's visit so at least I have company and am not having to deal with the results alone.  

Luke has been so supportive already and I can tell that he's worried.  I just don't want to put anymore pressure on him.  My phone buzzes signaling I have a text.  I look at my screen in the doctor's office and see that it's Luke.  It instantly brings a smile to my face.  

From: Luke 

Hope everything goes good today.  I'm thinking about you.  

I instantly write back.

Thanks, Luke.  I'll talk to you later.  I promise.  

Just as I send the text to Luke my doctor comes in.  I've known him since I was a baby so this isn't the first time I'm meeting him.  But it is the first time I'm seeing him in twenty-one years.  He looks the same from the picture I have with him when I was a baby.  How is that even possible?  

"Hey Callie, I'm doctor Adams.  It's good to see you again," he replies with a friendly smile on his face.

"It's good to see you again too." I smile back shaking his hand.  My mom and brother shake his hand as well.

"You know from the picture your mom sent me I would have been able to tell that was you."

"Really?"

"Yeah.  Okay so I'm just going to do a quick check up but first can you tell me the symptoms that you've been having?"

I tell him my symptoms and then I get on the patients chair.  He takes off his stethoscope and has me take in deep breaths.  

"Okay so after listening to you and hearing your symptoms the results are..."

_________________________

Sorry that this is a short prologue.  But I wanted to write one and I didn't want to write all of what was happening so that it would give it away so I had to take out some of the details.  

You'll find out later though what's happening.  

Don't be a silent reader! :)

>like, comment<