5| sangre leikos

The ride was long, and I was surviving on very little sleep despite the comfort provided to me by my best friends pack. I tried to stay awake but the rocking motion of the car combined with the silence from my mate allowed me to fall asleep I easily.

By the time I woke up, I was surrounded by humongous trees and little comfortable looking houses that had a wood cabin charm to it. Being an avid explorer and I was excited that I would have the opportunity to roam around this gorgeous setting that was kept far away from the prying eyes of everyone but the Sangre Leikos Pack.

I turned my head to my left to see my mate looking at me with a beautiful smile on his face.

"Welcome to the Leikos territory, Little Rogue." I could hear the immense pride that he had for his pack in his voice. It was always warming to see an Alpha who loved his people and territory, and I was glad that my mate was one of them.

This proved about fifty percent of the rumours about this pack wrong. People said that the Αlpha of the Sangre Leikos pack was cruel beyond limits, that he kept his pack members tied to the dungeons like dogs, and also that after a raid he tied his victims to the trees leading to his home, so that he could see the faces of all those who he murdered and enjoy while their corpses looked at him with dead eyes. All this might have sounded gory to untrained ears, but with what I had seen in a few packs I wouldn't have been surprised if it was true.

I continued to observe everything through the window, taking in the beauty of the leafy green trees and the bushes of colourful flowers that grew along the road. I could feel Arden's eyes on my back all this while, but I refused to turn as I feared that I would lose my speech in my nervousness and sound like a bumbling idiot.

A short while later the car came to a stop in front of a gorgeous white pack house. It looked more stylish than strong, which was different. The house was a combination of white walls, glass walls and light brown wooden panels that ran along the sides. I could clearly see the women working in the kitchen from the place our car had stopped, but my attention was fixated on the large crowd that had gathered in front of the main door.

Arden opened the car door and so did I. With my sunglasses perched on my head, I murmured a few words of encouragement under my breath which didn't go unnoticed by Arden. He gave me a reassuring smile and moved his hand toward mine, but then stopped midway and dropped it, probably realising that it wasn't the tight time to hold my hand even if I was his mate.

I was about to take a step towards Arden, just because I felt safer but before I could do so, a girl ran towards Arden and wrapped her arms and legs around my mate.

My wolf was growling inside my head and a tiny one almost escaped from my lips but I held it in. I saw Arden look a little uncomfortable, there was an infinitesimal change in the way his body was positioned, towards me.

Growling meant caring, which is equal to a no-no.

It was also possible that she was his best friend or his sister, though they didn't look similar. My eyes narrowed suspiciously on the gold ring around her finger. I would have been happy or at least satisfied with those possibilities had she not placed her filthy lips on his. His lack of response or disgust made my blood boil as I readied myself for an attack.

A threatening growl escaped my lips and I saw the guards who knew I was the assholes mate take a step away from me.

Everyone's eyes shifted from their alpha and his lover to me and some of them widened in realization.

Faster than the speed of light I caught the bitch's neck in my hand and I raised her delicate looking body in the air. The power and energy coursing through my blood was a delight as it proved that my wolf and I had the same idea. It did strike me that if someone was to be blamed and hurt it was that darling mate of mine, but my wolf worked actively to harm the girl who made the first move.