19| Tease

The breakfast laid on the table before my eyes was grand. There was everything from bacon to pancakes. On the centre sat an extra large jug of cranberry juice and I couldn't wait to dig in.

I had learnt that it was Braelyn's birthday today and thus there was going to be a party held in the club 'Hell' in town. Everyone was invited and since I was Arden's mate it was mandatory for me to attend.

I didn't know when my birthday was, so I never celebrated it. I knew that I was legally twenty one years old, but I didn't have any legal documents stating that I'm a real person.

I sat down next to the Alpha's seat and waited till all the pack house residents came down to eat. Arden had once again disappeared in the night, so I hadn't seen him since I woke up which annoyed my wolf and I.

I soon caught the woodsy pine scent that was more delicious than the food before me. Arden caught my eye and gave me a smile, sitting beside me.

A little while later Braelyn the birthday girl entered and we all sang her a uncoordinated and off tune version of happy birthday.

I was midway through eating my king sized breakfast when I felt a hand on my thigh and by the heat forming in my stomach, I knew exactly whose it was. I shifted my leg slightly, moving it towards the girl on my right but Arden wasn't taking any of it. His hand went to stop further up and I held in an embarrassing squeal.

"Move your hand Arden." I said through gritted teeth. I was afraid to open my mouth in case any unwanted noises escape. Wrong day to wear shorts.

"I think it is really comfortable there." He whispered.

"Arden." I warned.

"Little Rogue." He copied my stiff tone.

I gave him my best glare which he returned with an amused grin.

He wanted to play? Then I will show him the player.

I put my hand on his and slowly trailed it up and down. Letting the mating bond sparks do the work. When I saw him shiver slightly, I put my hand on his leg taking it painfully close to his manhood.

His body stiffened and his eyes shut for a second. I took a last bite of my scrambled eggs and stood up abruptly.

"I'm full!" I announced and giving another smile to my pack and Braelyn I walked into the kitchen, dumping my plate into the sink.

When I started to wash the plates I felt a presence behind me.

"What you did wasn't nice Rose." Arden stood against the kitchen wall.

"What you did wasn't ethical either." I fluttered my eyelashes rapidly. He stared at me for a second and walked closer but at that moment a pack member entered the kitchen and looked at us suspiciously.

"Alpha, Luna." She greeted us and I ran away from the kitchen to the bedroom.

I needed to find something decent to wear to Braelyn's party in the evening but I gave up when the only thing I could find was jeans and tops.

I heard a knock on the door and a voice called out.

"Luna?" I heard a voice call from the other side of the door.

I went to open the door and saw Rianne on the other side. She better not be here to tell me to stay away from my mate.

"Yes?" I said as neutrally as I could.

"I got you a dress to wear for Brealyn's party. I assumed that you probably didn't have anything to wear to a party being a former rogue." She smiled not looking at me in my eyes. I looked at the package suspiciously, wondering if she was actually saying the truth. "I also wanted to thank you for saving my life, you could have let me be, but you still defended me."

My wolf still felt resentment against her, but she also felt her truthfulness.

I took the black dress from her hand gave her a grateful nod.

"Thanks." I said hesitantly. She gave me a final smile and walked away. A little while later Arden entered the room with narrowed eyes.

"Had Rianne come in here?" He asked a bit hesitant and I simply nodded.

"Are you angry again? I swear I didn't call her here." He said and I smiled.

"I know, she came to meet me."

"Why? I mean it's great that the two of you are getting along?' Arden said it more in a questioning tone.

"You'll see what it was about later."

The evening approached faster than usual and soon I was trying out the lace black dress that Rianne left for me. It was beautiful but I doubt that it would fit me properly.

It was a lace one piece with long sleeves, the only problem was that it was a little loose and short on my lithe body that was made with years of running. But it didn't look bad, I put on the red borrowed lipstick and a little bit of mascara, but I was lost with the eyeliner, and not wanting to look like a raccoon I decided that not experimenting would be a better idea.

Arden had some work so he left me a note saying that he would meet come directly to the club. On our journey to the club I got a few compliments to which I politely replied and Drew went crazy with annoying pick up lines which he stopped only after Castile threatened to call Arden.

The club 'Hell' was quite fancy with a mysterious feel coming out from it. The minute we entered I was hit with the unique scent of werewolves everywhere.

"When werewolves get drunk they can also shift unknowingly, so we have booked the whole club for today." Castile explained and my mouth turned into an 'o'.

Music was blaring through the speakers and as usual in a normal club scene, people were bobbing their head and moving their body carelessly to the sound of the music.

Castile, Drew, a few pack members and I got into a circle pumping our fists to some loud EDM when I felt stranger hands touch my waist. Before I could lay a solid punch on my offenders face, I saw him fly across the room right into the bar.

Surprised gasps echoed around the room but some of the wolves didn't even look slightly fazed.

Arden stalked towards the guy who was groaning with obvious pain and caught him tightly. As much as I myself wanted to punch the pervert wolf, I could see that he was completely wasted and killing him wasn't really necessary.

I shifted slightly to go and stop Arden but Castile caught my hand.

"Going near him when he is angry is not the best idea." I shook his hand off and went and stood right behind my mate.

"Arde-" I was squished into his chest before I could say another word.

I tried to push him away but he growled and said, "My wolf wants his scent on you."

I stood there in that awkward hug for about five minutes after which Arden held my hand and spoke to the pack.

"Eyes away from your Luna." The alpha tone resonated from his voice and I rolled my eyes. The music shifted to a soft swaying tone and I was pulled to the centre of the dance floor.

He held me so close to his body that I literally had no space to move and was tight against his body but I didn't mind. It felt nice.

"You look beautiful Little Rogue." He murmured in my ear.

_______________

Chapter dedication to Cala2193 for all the votes. Thank you :)

We need a ship name for Rose and Arden! Next chapter will be dedicated to the person who comes up with the best one :)

READ. VOTE. COMMENT