13| fight me

I know that this is going to sound like an extremely cliché line from a teen fiction novel, but even though I slept with plenty of space, I now had a heavy arm wrapped around me.

In most of my favourite movies it sounded like something hot and amazing, maybe described as a cuddle fest, but let me burst your bubble, it was not.

Although the sparks and my mates scent sent pleasurable tingles down my body, the body heat radiated off the huge werewolf's body was uncomfortable.

It was like wrapping a fur blanket around you when its like forty centigrade outside. I tried to wiggle out of Arden's grasp but his hand refused to cooperate. It went up for a millisecond before falling on my face. A surprised sound escaped my mouth and I was almost grunting with the effort it was taking me to wiggle around.

The door to the room creaked open and my first thought was that why wasn't the door locked. Castile poked his head from the door with a childish smile on his face.

"So, did you two do the nasty already?" He wiggled his eyebrows and I threw a pillow on him using my free hand.

"Shut up Castile! Help me get this beast off my body!" I whisper yelled, not wanting to disturb my peacefully sleeping mate. Revenge could wait till later.

"Yeah, he is an extremely heavy sleeper and a night cuddle hog." He said thoughtfully and Arden shifted in his sleep.

I raised my eyebrow teasingly and he almost blushed at the implication.

"Hey!" He exclaimed, "Don't give me that look, Rianne told me." At her name my face darkened, Castile really needed to watch what came out of his blabbering mouth.

"He has slept with her too?" I growled.

"No I haven't!" Arden sat up, scratching his neck while simultaneously glaring at Castile.

"You need to learn to keep your mouth shut." He told Castile and muttered 'stupid best friend' under his breath.

I crossed my hands waiting for an explanation.

"She used to get nightmares, so I would lie in the same bed as her to calm her down since our wolves had connected."

Again. The connection, if I didn't get the whole spark and smell thing, I could have sworn that they were mates. But I couldn't complain about that since James and I often shared a bed too. Nothing sexual about it, mind you.

I nodded my head in understanding.

"That's okay, I slept with James all the time. I want breakfast, so I am getting ready first." I told the boys as I jumped off the bed, grabbed my duffel and rushed into the bathroom. After the usual morning necessities like using the loo, brushing and bathing, I got out to see Arden already neat and ready.

"Where did you get ready?" I frowned since I purposely took an unnecessary, extra half-an-hour just to annoy and delay him.

"Castile's room." He frowned, his nose scrunched up cutely in what looked like annoyance. It was probably the James comment that ticked him off and I didn't care, atleast he was getting a taste of his own medicine.

I shot Castile a look of betrayal and he rolled his eyes.

"I refuse to be glared at by the two of you any longer, I am going to train, and I expect my Alpha and Luna to be there to oversee the training today."

"Didn't you say I was going to 'help train' the younger lot today?" I asked him confused. He gave me an uncomfortable look and I turned my gaze to Arden.

"The elders and the pack members want to see you train Rose." Arden explained.

"They will, but why today?"

"You will have to be accepted into the pack soon."

"They want to see if I'm worthy of being Luna before accepting me. But I don't want to be in the pack, not yet."

"You're my mate, and an alpha's mate cannot be a rogue, it will disturb the packs balance." Arden insisted."Do you not want me as a mate?" He asked.

"I don't know Arden, I just need more time!" I pleaded. "I have been a rogue for eight of my growing years, it's not easy to change my whole lifestyle over night!"

"You can get used to it later, your being in the pack will make the member's bound to you and help you adjust better once your wolf feels a sense of companionship, you will be safe wherever you go!" His eyes darkened.

"Who do I need to be protected from within your territory, huh?" I could feel my wolfs anger spike at my mates bossy tone. "Your pack members, your ex-lover or you?" I snarled.

His hand held mine tightly, but I could feel the resistance from his wolf. He was trying to be firm, but gentle at the same time.

"I will never hurt you ever again." He let go of my hand and stormed away from the room, slamming the door shut.

Castile was looking at me with a sad smile.

"You shouldn't always be on a mission to irritate him, Rose. He is an alpha and he is not always going to bear your whims."

"Understand where I'm coming from Castile. He did not even ask me." I sighed looking out of the balcony.

"Why would you want to be a rogue?" He asked me confused.

"It provides me my own sweet escape in a way."

"Freedom is one thing, but running away from responsibilities is another thing, Rose. This pack is your responsibility and not only that, but what kind of alpha will Arden be seen as?" He looked at me.

"I'n not doing any of this to put Arden down Cas, I wouldn't want to be the cause for pack members wanting to overthrow their Alpha, but I can't just give in to everything he believes is right. I have my own mind, but I won't let anyone disrespect Arden, since he has given his word I'll respect the Elders wishes and prove myself the rogue way today, but deliver this message to him. I'm not always going to give in to his demands even though I have been doing so lately."

I walked towards the training ground in a top and training shorts. Castile walked beside me, his beta power radiating around him.

As I approached the training wolves they looked at me. They probably thought that I was too scared to fight them.

I could see the confusion and shock in Arden's eyes. He was wondering if I had changed my mind.

I shook my head slightly.

"Alpha Arden." I bowed to him and bared my neck, to show the pack that despite me not being in the pack, I had accepted him as a leader and submitted to him.

He nodded back.

"I heard from my Alpha and my mate that our pack wanted to test my strength. To check if I am a worthy Luna for one of the most powerful Alpha's in the world." I looked at all the packs members. "I will train and fight with any pack member who wants to."

"I want to fight you." I heard someone say.

_________*__________

Hello my dear readers!
1k reads!

My book is now at #65 on the werewolf list, So a big thank you.

I will be updating every alternate day, as opposed to everyday.

Who do you think is the one who requested for a fight? Someone we know or do you smell a new character?

READ. VOTE. COMMENT