15| Dream

The darkness that surrounded me was truly frightening. I shifted a bit in the little space that I was allowed to. My thirteenth birthday was close and therefore so was my first shift.

I wondered why they did not kill me but instead left me alive. I wanted to die, but not really. The isolation was too much for my weak mind to take up and I had no one to share it with for years.

The cold stone tiles below my frail body made me shiver and worry for my health.

I was still human and the wintery chill affected me as much as any human out there.

I heard footsteps walk down the staircase that I knew existed and a door creaked open making me automatically sit up straight.

I tried to get a glance of the person who was standing silently by the bars of my prison.

"Who are you?" I called out in a raspy voice. I needed water and food, and there was not a single morsel left around for me. In fact the only human contact I had for almost almost nine years had been the Alpha and one of his loyal servants.

"Is it true, little girl?" The voice asked me.

"Is what true?"

"Are you the Alpha and Luna's daughter? The true leader of this pack?" He asked and I could hear the hope in his voice.

I thought back to all that my mother had told me and a strong whisper escaped my throat.

"Yes."

Living in this hell hole since birth had made my eyes more susceptible to things in dark. I had not seen light and not felt warmth, to me those things were merely a magnificent fairytale. My mother used to teach me to speak and at night used to tell me tales of the outside world and of all the beauty it would hold.

"Alpha." The man bent down in a deep bow. My heart stopped for a moment when he spoke next, "I am going to rescue you."

I was aware of a few people calling out to me, but I did not want to open my eyes.

"Luna? Rose?"

"Little Rogue?"

I was sticky with all the sweat drenching my clothes. I sat up and was immediately greeted by concerned and worried faces.

"I am fine." I said softly. I looked into Arden's grey eyes which had darkened slightly. I lifted up my hand slightly to assure him that I was fine. My hand unknowingly traced his strong arm muscles and I felt them clench under my hands.

This was the first time I was willingly touching my mate.

I touched his face and lightly grazed his sharp and strong jawline. His plump pink lips looked very inviting and I felt myself unconsciously biting my own lower lip. My hands settled at the back of his neck and that's when I heard an awkward cough.

"Uh, guys? I do want you two to have your magical mates first kiss but maybe not here?" Castile smiled and I backed away, aware of what I was about to do.

"Sorry." I mumbled, thinking about my dream to calm my raging hormones.

"Nothing to be sorry about." He smiled. "Mind telling us what did you dream about?"

I froze. I knew that in time I would have to tell him about my broken past but I wanted to let him assume that I was just a normal rogue.

"I don't want to talk about it." I was sure they could hear the pain in my voice. That was one of the better of my dreams, one that reflected hope for a bright future.

It was still dark outside and I wondered what the time was. I had probably gone to sleep when the boys were playing and I was watching the Sponge Bob movie on the huge flat screen.

"What's the time?"

"Two." It was Drew who spoke this time. I stood up and after telling them a goodbye, I walked straight to the room which Arden and I shared.

I nestled myself into the plushy bed and was about to fall asleep a while later when I heard Arden open the door.

He came in quietly and I felt the bed dip when he sat down next to the spot I was lying on.

I felt a hand lightly stroke my head.

"I really wanted you to kiss me today, Little Rogue." Arden whispered. "My wolf and I are going crazy for your electrifying touch. You have no idea how hard it is for me control myself from kissing you and claiming you, but I will wait till you are ready. But I need to know what you're hiding from me," His fist clenched a bit, "I need to know how to protect you."

He got up abruptly and switched off the light. The pillow wall between us suddenly felt unnecessary as my body longed to be held by my mate.

I knew one thing though, I wasn't going to be able to hide my past for much longer.

The next day went by pretty slowly, and so did the rest of the week. I helped train the adults and the kids, who seemed excited to meet their Luna personally.

Arden had seemed a bit extra busy in his office and I assumed he was searching for any clues that would lead up to who, Rosemarie Elizabeth Conrad, his mate really was. Unfortunate for him, he wouldn't find a perfect match.

I spent a lot of time with Drew and Castile, who always found time off his Beta duties to hang out with me. I also called James, Pat and Jules who were happy to hear from me.

I welcomed the peace that came along with that week. Arden and I were as confusing as ever and slightly awkward after our almost-kiss. But we hadn't had a fight yet, so that was good.

The peace also kind of scared me, my wolf was getting restless by the day as if she felt a big trouble approaching. I trusted my wolf and trained harder.

As the whole pack was lazing around on a Sunday evening, the breeze stilled and a loud call was heard and simultaneously all wolves eyes glazed over slightly, a mind link.

"Rogues are on the border!"

------*------

Drama, drama and even more of it!

The mate bond between Arden and Rose is getting even more heated...Now,tell me, who all wanted them to have their first kiss?

Also, a little bit about Rose's past was hinted at in the dream :)

READ. VOTE. COMMENT