25- Marked(Arden's POV)

ARDEN'S POV

I sighed loudly and ran a hand through my hair, messing it up unintentionally.

My Little Rogue's anger towards me frustrated my wolf and I to no end, but I had to do what I can to protect my mate from every problem of the world and keep her safe by my side.

"Go to her Arden, she's a stubborn wolf." Castile nudged me slightly an I started to go towards our room in long strides and an underlying feeling of annoyance.

I had to do whatever I could to keep her safe and when Castile told me that Lincoln Dale has threatened us to hand over Rose to them or expect a war upon us, my anger knew no bounds. The only reason I didn't throw an Alpha version of a serious hissy fit was because I smelt the sweet scent of my mate lingering outside the door and realised that she was overhearing our conversation.

I turned the door knob of our room cautiously and poked my head into the room, taking in the scene before I entered.

"Little Rogue?" I called out in a soft voice, I could sense her in the room but I couldn't see her anywhere. I walked in confused and raised my hand to knock on the bathroom door twice when the curtain moved and I felt a pair of warm arms try to engulf my body in a hug.

"I'm sorry for being such a bitch." Her ringing bell chime voice spoke, but it came out muffled and I could guess that the reason was her cheek pressed against my back.

I turned her around and kept my right hand firmly on her neck, with only my thumb stroking her soft, slightly wet cheeks.

My heart clenched at the thought of her crying again.

"Were you crying?" I asked and she stilled for a second before she slowly nodded her head.

"It wasn't because of you." She assured me and then gave me a small smile that seemed a little forced.

"I hate to see you cry." I told her.

"Technically, you didn't." She cheekily replied and I gave her a flat expression.

"I'm sorry, that was not something to joke about." She mumbled with a little frown and I couldn't help but smile at the look of innocence.

She may be a fiery, sarcastic girl with trust issues who pretended that she didn't give a damn about anything, but I knew that it was only a facade to hide her pain and her past.

Her long dark hair wasn't in her usual braid but was instead freely flowing down her back and in such a moment I could not help but think of a few forbidden thoughts.

"You have the weirdest and worst timed sense of humour." I stated and her eyes narrowed.

"Please, I have the wittiest come backs ever." She scoffed.

"Little Rogue, you're not going to convince me." I felt one side of my mouth pull up in a familiar smirk.

"I have a few tricks up my sleeve." She shifted her weight on the other foot.

"I'm sure that my ways will be more effective than your ways." I countered, moving towards the other side of the room and taking her with me.

Her eyes darkened slightly and I didn't know what was going to her mind but the expression I caught onto was clear. Lust.

"You know, you may not be my first kiss," The burning feeling of hatred rose in my mind for that man who stole my mates first kiss, "But you're certainly the best." She finished grinning.