0.5 : rink

"-And that's why we needed to break him out of jail." Stiles finishes with a final huff of air. I had just sat through the entire story of everything all over again in my economics class, and I was pretty sure I was about to drop from boredom. The boy searches my face for any signs of shock, but I give him none.

"You aren't fazed by any of this?" He waves a hand in front of my face, still making it his mission to get some kind of reaction from me. I blink and shake my head, trying to quickly conjure up an excuse

"I know it's all a lie, so.. no." I yawn nonchalantly, gathering my things in my arms to leave the class. "Werewolves aren't real, Stiles, how old are you?"

"But- But you saw them!" His jaw drops in utter disbelief. The bell rings and I chuckle at him, shaking my head. I get up from my seat and walk to the door, leaning back once more at the last second to speak.

"Whatever you say."

▲▼

"Where were you last night?" Piers interrogates me as soon as I enter the door. I huff annoyingly, tossing my bookbag to the ground and rubbing at the indent in my shoulder from the bag strap.    

"I told you, I was at one of my new friend's house." I shrug, walking towards the stairs.

"What's her name?" He squints, watching for any signs of me lying.

"Allison," I blurt out without thinking. I remembered her from Derek's story, and it was the only thing to come to mind. Now to guilt trip him. "She's one of the only friends I've made since moving here. You can't tell me I'm not allowed to hang out with her."

"Okay, I just-" He rubs his face, "I want you to be safe. Please, be safe. Don't put yourself in any situation that ends with you being in trouble with cops, for the love of god."

I roll my eyes and give him a hopeful smile. "I won't, okay? I promise. It was just a one time thing."

He stares at me blankly and I realize my mistake. "Okay, two time thing."

Three time thing.

He shakes his head with a sigh and walks away, finally leaving me alone to tread up to my room.

▲▼

"You seriously still don't believe me?" Stiles pries, leaning over the aisle to whisper to me. Harris was in front of the class, giving a presentation that he knew nobody was paying attention to. I roll a ball of paper up in my hands and launch it as his face.

"I'm seriously still going to punch you if you don't shut the fuck up. I'm not trying to get another detention." I hiss, making him sit back up in his chair in an offended manner.

"Look, what can I do to make you believe?" He whispers. I roll my eyes and sigh, thinking for a second.

"Show me."

"Huh?"

"Tell Scott to show me his little were-tricks and I'll believe you guys."

Stiles pokes the inside of his cheek, annoyed, but he nods nevertheless. "Meet us in the locker room after this period."

▲▼

"What?" Scott says in an annoyed tone as Stiles drags him into the boys' locker room by his ear. I had been waiting here for the past few minutes waiting for them to arrive, praying silently to myself that nobody would walk in and see me here.

"Sorry, teacher wouldn't let us 'go to the bathroom'." Stiles quotes, making me cock my head at him.

"So how did you.."