4.9 : reunited

Carmen's eyes flutter open at the sound of the heavy door sliding open downstairs.  She yawned deeply and checked the time on her phone; 12:39 A.M. Only a few hours had passed since her arrival. She quickly dismissed it- Maybe Derek just had something to do this early in the morning. Albeit, the pattering of feet entering the loft proved her wrong.

She swings her legs over her bed and slowly begins to make her way towards the stairs, being as quiet as she possibly could on the metal steps to see if she could figure out what was going on. She's halfway down when she spots Stiles facing the large window in the back of the room, merely examining the darkness outside. Carmen freezes on the steps, not knowing what to do. Should she get Derek? But what of Stiles hears her? Why is he here in the first place?

Another familiar figure makes its way through the open door, handcuffs in hand. Apparently, sheriff Stilinski was already one step ahead of her.

"You wanna handcuff me?" Stiles asks as he turns around, looking to his dad helplessly.

"If my son is still here," The sheriff starts, walking cautiously up to him, "If there's still a piece of him here, then he'll put these on willingly and he'll come with me because he knows that I'm here to protect him from himself and from others."

Carmen watches intently as Stiles raises his trembling hands and his eyes glaze over, allowing his dad to put the cuffs around his wrists. They're silent and still for a while before Stiles finally looks back up at him, his tears gone and a small smirk coveting his face. 

"You're not my son." The sheriff growls, slowly backing up.

Stiles shakes his head and easily breaks from the cuffs just as another pair of people rush into the room; Allison and Chris.

Allison raises a gun and shoots it at Stiles, trailing a shot of electricity his way. Low and behold, Stiles catches the trail and his smirk deepens as he yanks Allison's gun away from her, tossing it off somewhere in the room.

Derek, fully transformed, abruptly rushes past Carmen on the stairs and runs for Stiles. Stiles quickly turns around and grabs onto Derek, throwing him across the room. Derek's body ragdolls as it hits a pillar.

The clicking of a bullet in a chamber catches everyone's attention. Stiles looks up and notices Chris right to his side, holding a gun up towards his head. Carmen's eyes go wide and she scurries down the steps in a panic and holds her hands up in defense when Allison grabs the gun from earlier and points it at her as well.

"Argent, listen to me," Stilinski orders, walking up to Chris' side cautiously, "Don't do this."

"Why not?" Argent growls angrily, "I've done it before. Werewolves, beserkers- I could easily add a Nogitsune to the list."

Stilinski pulls his own pistol out of his holster and cocks it at Chris' head, only making this all more confusing. 

"You're not going to shoot my son."

"That's not your son," Chris insists. 

"Chris," Carmen warns, stepping towards them and making Allison more alert of her movements, "Stiles is still in there. I know, because I was possessed myself. The Nogitsune isn't in me anymore, but I know how it felt. You can't do this!"

"How do we know you're not lying to us, too?" Allison cocks an eyebrow.

"She's telling the truth." Derek spits at her as he gets up, shooting her a mean look. 

Allison still doesn't seem convinced and keeps her gun help up towards her.

"Put the gun down," Stilinski demands from Chris, "Put it down!"